ok so i have had my Z2 for 3 months now and having soooooooooooo many problems with it, firstly the dust cover snapped off and sony are going to charge me for it even when the dust cover wasnt sticking properly!!! now i spoke to sony about help with transferring data as internal memory is full, so i press ok to transfer to SD card. now when i look at the files all of the files have been corrupted and i cannot view them! i hok my phone to laptop and go to file manager and when i try and copy the files it says on my computer that they cannot be displayed! i dont use my phone for gaming or any thing like that, memory is just used for pictures and vidoes and apps! can some one please help as i would like to recover my lost pictures os they are of my daughter and wedding!!! :-( most un happy! dont recall having these many issues with the sony Z.......
    10-28-2014 02:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How did you transfer the data to the SD card? Did you go to Settings>Apps, select an app, and tap Move to SD? Or is there some system function that moves all of your media to the SD card? Are you certain the photos are on your SD card, and not still in Internal Storage? Use a file manager app like ES File Explorer (if your phone doesn't have its own preinstalled file manager), and look at the folder /DCIM/Camera in Internal Storage--are there no photos in there?

Also, try unmounting your SD card (in Settings>Storage), then remove it, and insert it into your computer. Use the computer's file browser to explore the SD card. Can you find the files that way?
    10-28-2014 03:22 PM