Why am I unable to put up new direct call contacts after I updated my phone?

Ridhima09

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I updated my phone's software but after that I'm unable to establish new

After i updated my phone's software last week,I'm unable to put up new direct call contacts. The ones that were already established are working fine though. Also there a few other shortcuts which once selected, do not appear on my homescreen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I updated my phone's software but after that I'm unable to establish new

Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that you can't place a new Direct Dial widget? And which other shortcuts don't seem to be working? Have you tried removing those shortcuts from the homescreen, then going back to the App Drawer and adding those shortcuts back to the homescreen?

Ridhima09

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site

There are some other options which aren't working, esp those that require me to choose further from a list, like direct dial, direct message, email. All the other ones which directly come onto the homescreen are working. Plus the "direct dial" contacts that were already established before the update are working fine. I'm having trouble making new ones now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That's odd. If you don't mind having to set up your homescreens all over, you could try going to Settings>Apps>All, select the phone's launcher app (which might be called Launcher or Homescreen or something like that), and tap Clear Data. This will reset the homescreens to factory setting. Now see if you can set things up again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie