z2 screen self cracking or not durable

Zaigham Malik

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
hey all. im looking to buy a new phone and im torn between the z2 and the z3. I feel that currently these are the best smartphones you can get your hands on but iv noticed user comments on a fairly large number that it sometimes cracks while in your pocket and even lying on its own without any impact. i know a case would be necessary but iv even heard the screen or the back panel cracking while inside a case without any impact. this is the sole reason thats sort of putting me off the z2 and making me go for the g3 which has alot of its own issues.is the z series not durable? which do u think might have the upper edge in terms of durability, the z2 or the z3. any advice would be greatly appreciated guys :)

Dato Alavidze

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Well I have Xperia Z2 it's about 4 month now and it's a great phone. I just put a transparent silicone case (because I didn't want to lose it's original great look) and a tempered screen protector on it and I dropped it only once and nothing happened. And I think that cracking on it's own is unreal. Both of them are fantastic phones but I think Z3 has very little upgraded from Z2 and it costs a lot more. So here is my advice: If money is not a problem go for the Z3 but if you buy Z2 you can also save money for a DK36 dock and Noise Cancelling Headphones. Just compare with specs it doesn't have anything special upgraded from Z2 to Z3.
Good Luck.

Kiingsfull

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I agree, i had the same dilemma when thinking about purchasing the Z2 or the Z3. I eventually took the Z2 because as mentioned the actually upgrades didnt really outweigh the cost. the Z2 is still a wicked powerhouse in today's smartphone market and I love mine. Its fantastic.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Z2 for a little over 8 months now. I carry it naked. I've dropped it once with minor scratches on the metal frame. No screen cracking at all. This is an amazing phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Antoine Blond

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I agree this is a wonderfull phone.

There is only one issu with it.

FINGERPRINTS !!! It seems z2 loves fingerprints. it takes it more than other phone i think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36