How can I transfer pre-installed ringtones from HTC One V to Sony Z2?

A

AC Question

how can i transfer pre-installed ringtones from htc one v to sony z2?

hey there,
i´m madly in love with my good old ringtone "zen" from my htc one v and would love to copy it to my new phone, a sony z2. But i cant find the pre-installed ringtones anywhere when i access my phone from the pc (connecting via usb and selecting that the phone should serve as a hard drive.) i even installed "total commander" because i read that it could access the ringtones - but no success...
what can i do? how can i access and copy "zen"?

thank you so much for your help!!!
best regards, tashy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how can i transfer pre-installed ringtones from htc one v to sony z2?

Welcome to Android Central! Preinstalled ringtones are in a protected system folder--you'd have to root the phone in order to gain access. You might have some luck searching for it on the web, like on Zedge.com. I found this, but I have not vetted this site or download to see how legit it is, so download cautiously: Wake Up Sound Zen ringtone for HTC One 32GB cell phone

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

You have to log into that site with credentials, like Facebook. And it's Russian. I'd stick with Zedge - we all know that's safe and legitimate.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ah bummer. I did a quick search on Zedge and couldn't find a ringtone with that name for the OP.