Why are my SMS delaying?

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
SMS Issue

The last two days I've been having an issue with getting delayed SMS messages. I am in Los Angeles on AT&T and I have already called them to see if there was anything on their end, and they don't show any issues. I never had this problem on my Z2 so I'm thinking it has something to do with this phone, or something that went wrong when I was getting my IMEI changed. I have been having my girlfriend timestamp her texts and they vary from on time to 20 minutes or so late. I've searched for solutions but everything I've found has so far been device specific and none mention the Z3c. Any insight would be great, otherwise I'll have a nice shiny phone for sale soon...

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry I don't really have insight but I will say that my texts go through like instant both receiving and sending. I don't think it's the phone unless yours is defective or something . Are you on the stock messaging app? Is there a strong signal when texting? I know sometimes if you or the person texting is sorta in between WiFi and using data, phones will sort of get stuck. Either turn your wifi off or turn your data off if using a strong wifi. Maybe do one of each..this will maybe be telling about any possible signal issues. Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: SMS Issue

Yes. I've done all that. Reset the phone. Texts come in right on time on my Z2, but the problem still happens whenever I switch to my Z3c.

Joshua Munoz

May 6, 2010
www.joshuamunoz.com
Re: SMS Issue

Same issues here. Haven't been able to figure out how to fix it. Got the phone two days ago, updated (many times) to the most updated software. Still, call/text delays, especially when on wifi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463