Z3C to yamaha receiver

jimswms

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I want to run anything on my phone to my Yamaha receiver. It seems like this shouldn't be an issue, and maybe it isn't, but I've felt limited since getting the receiver.

It is connected to my network, runs flawless (almost) through the yamaha app but is limited with what it will play. I can use Airplay off my macbook air and stream anything that my computer will run. Google Play, spotify, you tube videos etc. However, the only thing I can run off my phone is through the app. DLNA is an option, but I can't get it working.

Is there a way to stream from my phone anything that it will play on my Yamaha receiver connected to my network? Options I know of are Airplay, DLNA.. I have a bluetooth adaptor, but sound quality suffers big time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's only $35 at the most (often as low as $25 refurbished), so there's very little risk!

jimswms

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Alright, I have the Chromecast. Its hooked to my receiver and connected to my network. Now what? I can't seem to find any info out there on using this for music, only for TV.
I did find a video from a guy that used one to connect for surround sound movies. I'll likely do that as well so all is not lost.
Has anybody done this? Maybe, I need to post in another section since it's not really Z3C specific...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it's plugged into an HDMI input (as well as a power outlet), and it's connected to your wifi network, then when you open something like Google Play Music on your device, you should be able to tap the Cast button and select that Chromecast to start casting to. On the receiver, select that HDMI input, make sure the receiver is set to output sound through your surround sound system, and you should hear the music. It's possible that the receiver might need a valid HDMI output to a TV in order for everything to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12