Voice & Data simultaneously?

Jack in NC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm considering moving from VZW to T-Mo and getting the Z3c. I carry a Note 2 now and I am over the big phone thing. I think I am more of a small phone/8" tablet guy.

I am not an Android newbie, but I have not followed whatever change occurred that prevented my wife's new Droid Turbo from being able to use voice and data simultaneously until she got the update. So, apols in advance if this is a naive question.

Does the Z3c support voice and data simultaneously? If not, can it with a potential future upgrade, or is it a technological limitation that won't likely be addressed since the phone is (gloriously) not locked to a carrier?

Thanks for your help,
Jack

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Great question. I am wondering the same. I am using mine on at&t. Does the carrier have to support this function on the phone itself or could the manufacturer update the phone to have it work? Anyone know?

Posted via the Android Central App

strav22

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm fairly certain that most new gsm phones (phones that work on ATT and T-Mobile) would be able to use voice and data simultaneously.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried this on the z3c, but it does works fine on the unlocked z3 on t mobile. I happened to try it this morning while on a call.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am on att and mine seems to switch off of LTE when making a call. Maybe I am wrong though. Wouldn't att have to allow it to do that via a software patch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam