RMA question, Touch screen dead spots, fragile?

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Question: Sony chat support told me to restore the phone and they say there is a process in the "sony bridge for mac" software to initiate a RMA for repair. Is that true or am I getting the runaround? I'll give it a try in a day or two when my replacement phone I bought gets here, I can't afford to wipe out the memory on my phone right now.

History:
I just realized the other day that I'm having a lot of trouble selecting and editing text and swiping horizontally, I tried out a touch screen tester and sure enough I have some bars through the top half of the screen that don't respond to touch anymore.

I think, but I'm not sure, that a small fall caused it, it fell off a chair to a linoleum floor. The phone was in a TPU Ringke Fusion case plus a tempered glass screen protector and seemed well protected, it has no visible damage and actually looks new. I've dropped many other phone in similar situations and never had an issue.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I was getting the runaround, neither the chat support nor the restore software sony has starts the RMA process. The only way Sony RMA starts is over the phone, and because I bought online before the US release they can't grantee any fast turn around.

I really miss the Z3C, I have a temporary Samsung AT&T S5 and I just think the ROM blows. Don't know how people live with that crap.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800