04-24-2015 11:12 PM
28 12
tools
    Anyone know when the Z3 compact is getting Lollipop? Since we all have non-carrier versions we shouldn't have to wait on a carrier to release it. It should come directly from Sony so hopefully that speeds up the process.
    02-10-2015 10:32 AM
    Anyone know when the Z3 compact is getting Lollipop? Since we all have non-carrier versions we shouldn't have to wait on a carrier to release it. It should come directly from Sony so hopefully that speeds up the process.
    Sony announced that they would be releasing the update to the z3 line in February. take a look at this post for more information:Sony to roll out Lollipop to Xperia Z3 lineup starting next month | Android Central
    02-10-2015 10:59 AM
    Firmly believe that Sony's Z3 Compact will benefit greatly utilizing Lollipop.
    Features associated with Android 5.1 were beta[d] on Motorola Moto X [2013] to great effect.
    Would think the only major problem could be the different screen technology and how it influences battery life.
    Other than that Z3/ Compact has the horsepower to really show Lollipop at it's best.
    But proof is in the pudding, of course.
    02-10-2015 12:28 PM
    I'm avoiding it as long as I can. Did not like it when I had my MotoX Pure Edition. I don't care for some of the Material Design changes and it was very buggy. I had issues with a few apps I needed.
    I am happy to wait and use KitKat.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3 Compact
    02-12-2015 04:10 PM
    So it's now March and no lollipop update yet. Hopefully soon. I have not seen any additional updates from Sony recently either.
    03-02-2015 01:37 PM
    Earlier today, someone from Sony said "soon".

https://twitter.com/SonyMobileNews/s...42677205192705

We’re finalising testing, still focused on rolling out soon. We’re optimising #Lollipop for *entire* Xperia Z Series - more news soon ^JM
    03-03-2015 10:24 PM
    Excuse my ignorance, but what type of improvements can we expect from Lollipop. ?
    03-03-2015 10:50 PM
    Excuse my ignorance, but what type of improvements can we expect from Lollipop. ?
    You can read about it here: http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/
    03-04-2015 10:20 PM
    I'm beginning to feel like we are not getting it. Sony used to give us updates on when to expect it, but now they have silenced.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-06-2015 03:30 PM
    I'm beginning to feel like we are not getting it. Sony used to give us updates on when to expect it, but now they have silenced.
    T-Mobile US is now saying they're coming out with Lollipop for the Z1s and Z3.

https://support.t-mobile.com/communi...ftware-updates

"T-Mobile and the device manufacturer have agreed to support a new software update."
    ibbyj likes this.
    03-07-2015 08:27 PM
    Has anyone tried to manually upgrade their Z3C using XperiFirm?

Guide to installing Xperia Lollipop using XperiFirm and Flashtool | Xperia Blog

If so, how did it go? Was it relatively simple?
    03-18-2015 10:24 AM
    Follow up question for anyone who is running Lollipop on their Z3 or Z3 Compact....

Can fonts now be changed at all? Can they be changed when switching themes? Thanks!!
    03-18-2015 10:25 AM
    Boy I really expected Sony to release Lollipop by now. Only about a week until April and still no update. All the new flagships are going to be releasing with Lollipop so Sony needs to get on it asap. Starting to get annoyed.
    03-23-2015 02:43 PM
    I just downloaded a large update, but it didn't install.

I plugged in to "Sony Bridge for Mac" and it downloaded a large file. It restarted like it was about update and then it said the update is not reccomended and booted as normal. :-/

03-25-2015 08:42 AM
    Well, two days ago i installed Lollipop on my Xperia Z3C because i could not wait any longer for the OTA.
    I downloaded the file and use Flashtool to install it.
    It took about 15 minutes to install. I was so stupid to wipe the data so had to install almost everything from scratch.
    I must say, it is awesome !!! Whenever you can get your hands on this update, TAKE IT !
    It is indeed a great improvement. It is fast and battery life is defenitly longer. In my feeling 1,5 - 2 X
    Sony did some work on the stock lollypop like incoming calls look kinda Kitkat and End call is not circular but still the wide button, which is better.
    Lockscreen clock is different too, you can choose out of three clocks, no other tough. Lockscreen is dimmed, has dark overlay, i don't know why.
    The lockscreen can be improved i think.
    I have it only for htwo days so need some more time but so far i do not regret this update in any way, unlike most IOS updates.
    jadsru1 likes this.
    03-29-2015 01:57 PM
    Well, two days ago i installed Lollipop on my Xperia Z3C because i could not wait any longer for the OTA.
    I downloaded the file and use Flashtool to install it.
    It took about 15 minutes to install. I was so stupid to wipe the data so had to install almost everything from scratch.
    I must say, it is awesome !!! Whenever you can get your hands on this update, TAKE IT !
    It is indeed a great improvement. It is fast and battery life is defenitly longer. In my feeling 1,5 - 2 X
    Sony did some work on the stock lollypop like incoming calls look kinda Kitkat and End call is not circular but still the wide button, which is better.
    Lockscreen clock is different too, you can choose out of three clocks, no other tough. Lockscreen is dimmed, has dark overlay, i don't know why.
    The lockscreen can be improved i think.
    I have it only for htwo days so need some more time but so far i do not regret this update in any way, unlike most IOS updates.
    I second that. I updated using flashboot, pretty easy even on mac. Loving lollipop. Coming from motox 2nd pure with 5.1, I realy couldn't stick with the 4.4 on the Z3c. Love the phone, material design, battery life. Only missing a real active display with the sensors from my motox 2nd pure.
    03-29-2015 05:21 PM
    Follow up question for anyone who is running Lollipop on their Z3 or Z3 Compact....

Can fonts now be changed at all? Can they be changed when switching themes? Thanks!!
    I have a macbook, I used flashboot, didn't use xperifim ( i don't think it even works on mac). Took 15-20 mins.
    03-29-2015 05:23 PM
    Just got official update on my USA z3c!

03-30-2015 11:51 AM
    Just got official update on my USA z3c!

Let us know first impressions
    03-30-2015 01:06 PM
    I just got the notification that it's available in the US for my Z3C, but I'll wait and see what others have to say. Some of the new features sound interesting.
    03-30-2015 01:09 PM
    Lollipop 5.02 is what I got.
    So far so good.
    03-30-2015 01:54 PM
    How the heck do I download this update on my phone??? Wish this was ota
    Edit I got it. Pretty neat visuals

03-30-2015 05:08 PM
    Waiting for it to arrive in the Netherlands yet...
    03-31-2015 06:49 PM
    How do I get this update? I have an unlocked phone in the U.S.

04-07-2015 08:50 PM
    I have an Z3 Compact (D5803) in the US, I started getting notices from the phone last week saying that Lollipop was available for download.

Try running the "Xperia Update" app on your phone or connect your phone to your PC and see if the PC Companion program tells you there's an update.
    04-08-2015 10:25 AM
28 12