Moisture got in the Camera lens.....

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
So I used this at the pool and took some cool pictures underwater of my two boys and an hour or so later I saw moisture behind the camera lens. I opened the SD card door and there was some water behind there.... Couple days later dried out and everything was back to normal.

Went to the pool again and same thing......

Couple days later, dried back out and used it at the river, barely got it wet......same thing

I called Sony and they said they will not repair if it has water damage, so I am using square trade, even though the water is getting in to a water proof phone and before you ask, yes I made sure the doors were securely shut, I am not sure how water is leaking in.

Anyone else have problems with water getting in, am I wasting my time getting the phone repaired/replaced by SquareTrade? I am so frustrated and really was happy about my z3c. Should I move to the Samsung Active? :( I hate samsung and touchwhiz.

Mister K

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I've used mine underwater a few times, both for filming and stills, and have suffered no such issues, so I think you may have a faulty device.
Waterproof phone lets in water - I would have thought that would be defined as a fault. Have you tried complaining on their official twitter feed (assuming they have one)? Complaints on such a public forum have often yielded better results than speaking to someone hiding behind a telephone.

Good luck.

phylez

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I would bet that the seal around the flap to the charging port is worn. If you're opening and closing the flap on a regular basis, replacing that flap would be where I'd start first. Shortly after I purchased my device I knew this would become an issue so I bought a magnetic charger. I use my phone for navigation on my motorcycle and given that it rains a lot here, waterproofing was a must. :)

ORA1

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
yip also had a problem with that flap. also bought a magnetic charger. I am scared to submerge the phone into water, i can believe that this device is water proof. Maybe water resistant. I know Sony makes the claim, but they dont back their claim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol