This is on a brand new Sony Xperia Z3 Compact running 5.1.1, after updating to the latest version I did a factory data reset and started fresh.

I work at a company that uses google apps and require 2 factor authentication. But I am able to use email and calendar on external apps using an app password without the need to use the 2-factor code.

I was able to setup my email account on the default android email app no problem. But I am unable to setup my calendar account.

If I go to settings > accounts > + add account, there is absolutely no option whatsoever for *just a calendar account. I see options for google accounts (won't work because of 2 factor), exchange, imap, pop3, linkedin, facebook bla bla bla... but not one mention of a calendar account.

I tried disabling the calendar app and then re-enabling it. I also tried two restarts, no dice. I am beyond annoyed and in need of assistance!! Please halp!
    03-29-2016 10:14 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have to request another share of the calendar from the administrator? https://support.google.com/a/answer/1626902?hl=en
    03-30-2016 02:35 PM
    When you want to use a Google account with a device or app that doesn't support two-factor authentication, you can go to Google and get an app-specific password.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
    03-30-2016 09:09 PM
    Using an app password is exactly what I am trying to do. But so far I have only been able to use it to setup my email on the gmail app as an IMAP account. If I try to add it as a google account using the app password it rejects the password every time. As far as I can tell google apps app passwords will not work for setting up a google account on android, they will however work for setting up imap clients. I was trying to configure the calendar as a separate account using that app password but there is no longer just a calendar account option (only the google account option which doesn't work).
    04-05-2016 11:06 AM