I've owned my Z3C about a year and a half and have generally been happy with it. However, after the Marshmallow update (and I'm not totally sure the problem is related to the update), I noticed that pictures I take with my phone are blurry. At first I thought the photos at full zoom were the only ones coming out blurry, but now it seems like every photo is blurry no matter what setting or camera app I use.

I tried to contact Sony for assistance. I had an extremely long and frustrating back-and-forth with them. First they said this is just how the camera is when you zoom, then they said to run software repair, then they said my phone is out of warranty and they stopped servicing out of warranty phones 3 months ago when they changed repair centers, and they (maybe/possibly/definitely) will let me know (when/if) they find a third party vendor. So essentially, tough luck, you sucker who spent over $500 on this.

At this point, I pretty much will never buy another Sony product again because of the lack of customer service and that the camera failed for no particular reason after such a short time. Has anyone run into this problem and managed to resolve it, short of getting the camera replaced by Sony?

A sample photo is here: Camera doesn't seem able to focus - any suggestions?-10hlimt.jpg
    06-20-2016 01:52 PM
    Hi

Have you tried a Full Factory Reset? Usually after a major update occurs, a FFR is needed.
    Hope this helps!

Chris
    06-21-2016 06:25 AM
    Yep, I did that before the software repair. Sadly, looks like I'm just going to have an unusable camera until I can afford to get a new phone. My only requirements for a phone are a small size and a decent camera, and my options seem pretty limited now.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    06-24-2016 11:47 AM