Hi all,

I have a Sony Z3c and have the following issue :
    while sounds from music works, alarms sounds as well, I do not have sounds for incoming calls / notifications, neither vibration.
    I am not sure if this is since last update or if it happened after I dropped my phone (as I always have it on vibrate mode).
    I do not want to do a factory reset, nor send it back for maintenance.
    I know how audio settings / parameters work, and the vibration/no sound for incoming calls doesnt come from that.
    Even when I go to settings to change the sound for incoming calls, I do not hear the preview. But if I open spotify/soundcloud/music player for example, I can hear sounds.

My question is the following : is there any way to trick it via a software so that any incoming calls or notifications (whatsapp mainly) would play a music that is on my phone ?

Note that I am not asking to have a music as a ringtone, but to play a music instead of a notification (since it seems to work in that way).

Thank you very much for any precious help !

note/edit : I can hear people talking during calls, but not ringtones.
    also even with earplugs, I can hear music from spotify for example, but no sounds from notifications/calls

day
    06-20-2016 05:07 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like you know what you're doing, but I should still ask, just to be sure--your phone's Ringtone/Notifications volume is turned up, right? When you go to Settings>Sound & Notifications and adjust the ringtone volume there, do you hear a sample sound to give you an idea of the volume, or is it silent? Compare that to adjusting the Media and Alarm volumes there.
    hycday likes this.
    06-21-2016 01:02 PM
    Hi B.Diddy,

Thanks for your answer !
    So I have 3 kind of sounds parameters : one with a "vibration" icon (ring volume), one with a "note" icon (media volume), and one with a "clock" icon (alarm volume).
    All are set to max.
    When I go to Settings > Sound & Notifications and adjust all three kind of volumes I hear a sample sound for each of them yes indeed.

However, I have no idea what happened, but by changing the sound volume in the settings, ringtone is back....

I am clueless of what happened, I have been struggling for weeks now....was even thinking about changing the vibrator motor..THANK YOU !!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-21-2016 01:51 PM
    Great! The fact that you saw a vibration icon under Ring Volume makes me think it was stuck in vibrate mode for some reason. When it's out of vibrate mode, it should look like a bell (at least on Nexus devices).

But is the vibrate still not working with incoming calls?
    06-21-2016 03:52 PM
    no vibrator at all, or very randomly, I think it is due to shock...but my main concern was at least to hear a call or something

thanks a lot again B. Diddy !
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-22-2016 11:50 AM