T-Mobile

jerrycutshaw

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought the international version of the Xperia Z1 compact for my wife (who LOVES IT btw). You won't have an issue with the majority of bands (save Band 12) because the majority are part of the Qualcomm processor. You will need to call into Tmo support to get them to provide you the APN addresses and such. There is one other bug we ran into dealing with not being able to send MMS messages while LTE is turned on. I honestly think thats a bug in the phone software. For my wife who used the iPhone 5 (hated it), LG G2 hated it because it was too big the awesome camera and size made a huge difference for her with the compact.

As far as the WiFi calling I haven't figured out how to add that.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone seen any indication of whether this is going to be a T-Mobile exclusive? Sony has a long relationship with Softbank, which now owns Sprint, so I'm wondering if it might show up there, too.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone seen any indication of whether this is going to be a T-Mobile exclusive? Sony has a long relationship with Softbank, which now owns Sprint, so I'm wondering if it might show up there, too.

The only US carrier to officially announce that they will be carrying the Z3 is TMo. There have been rumors that both Sprint and Verizon may be offering the Z3 or variant of it (Verizon's rumor specified the Z3v}.

Are any of these rumors legit......your guess is as good as mine. Time will tell but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Z3 released on other US carriers.

brokenchains

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought the international version of the Xperia Z1 compact for my wife (who LOVES IT btw). You won't have an issue with the majority of bands (save Band 12) because the majority are part of the Qualcomm processor. You will need to call into Tmo support to get them to provide you the APN addresses and such. There is one other bug we ran into dealing with not being able to send MMS messages while LTE is turned on. I honestly think thats a bug in the phone software. For my wife who used the iPhone 5 (hated it), LG G2 hated it because it was too big the awesome camera and size made a huge difference for her with the compact.

As far as the WiFi calling I haven't figured out how to add that.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully that's just a software bug you've got and I wouldn't run into that, it doesn't seem like LTE would cause any issues with MMS.

Considering the international Z3 and the T-Mobile model are identical except for the radios, I would assume a T-Mobile ROM could be installed on the international version. I think that's how it works on the GS4 anyway, and should work with any device with an exact T-Mobile counterpart.

Can anyone with more know-how on this chime in? I'm not sure if the differing radio frequencies would cause problems doing what I describe above, nor the need install certain kernels/radios/modems from either model.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Its going to be in the 600 range $0 down and around $25-28 monthly will be out October 31st

Posted via the Android Central App

I don't know if I can wait that long. My G2 is causing me too many problems. I need this noooowww!! Or by end of September.

Posted via Android Central App

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Its going to be in the 600 range $0 down and around $25-28 monthly will be out October 31st

October 31st? What's your source? I want it but if it's not coming until then I won't be able to wait.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd believe the $600 mark from T-Mobile, that's the same price they sold the LG G3 for. The Galaxy series seems to be claiming a slight price premium due to name recognition.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a moto x 2014, if this turns out to be 600 bucks... I might return it and get the Z3... Good idea?

Yes great idea. The only reason I can't pull the trigger on the Moto X is because of the battery. I'd rather spend the money on a OnePlus One, with better battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
We can buy it outright from T-Mobile and just bring it over to AT&T right? I've never done that before, but it seems like the only option.

Yes you can as long as it is unlocked or you unlock it. But you May be able to just buy it straight from Sony.

I would just go and buy the D6603 as opposed to the T-Mobile version because it doesn't support all the other bands, if you look at the white paper. Also keep in mind that the phone's bootloader is locked and cannot be unlocked, which differs from the unlocked ones which can be unlocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol