T-Mobile

jidery

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
So its all but confirmed it coming to the magenta carrier, any idea on when and for how much? I'm guessing its going to be $200 down and $20 a month but I could be wrong.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
We can buy it outright from T-Mobile and just bring it over to AT&T right? I've never done that before, but it seems like the only option.

Posted via the Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
We can buy it outright from T-Mobile and just bring it over to AT&T right? I've never done that before, but it seems like the only option.

Yes you can as long as it is unlocked or you unlock it. But you May be able to just buy it straight from Sony.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Looks like the T-Mo version is going to support Band 12, but NOT Band 17 (AT&T's "special" 700 MHz band.) So until AT&T implements that whatever-it-is tech that I can't think of right now, that'll allow their 700 MHz setup to advertise itself as both Band 12 and Band 17, the T-Mobile device isn't going to work on a large portion of AT&T's LTE network.

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Will the z3 support volte? I'm disappointed that once again Sony is not bothering with wireless charging. Xperia phones would benefit greatly from it. I'm probably going to pass on this.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I wish they had the Z3 in Purple, but I'll probably end up with Black. As long as there is wifi calling on it I'll be good.

Posted via Android Central App

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
No wireless charging? Well...that puts it out of the running, I'm afraid. I have a Nexus 5 and am addicted to just plopping the thing on the little pad on the head of my bed...it's the little things that help make the decisions between great phones.

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the T-Mo version is going to support Band 12, but NOT Band 17 (AT&T's "special" 700 MHz band.) So until AT&T implements that whatever-it-is tech that I can't think of right now, that'll allow their 700 MHz setup to advertise itself as both Band 12 and Band 17, the T-Mobile device isn't going to work on a large portion of AT&T's LTE network.

I've been searching the web like crazy to figure out if it the T-Mo version was going to support the new 700mhz band 12 they got from Verizon but I couldnt find anything. Where are you finding this info?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
That wouldnt be on the FCC documents. But I expect it will have it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

The radio band info is also on the Sony Mobile web site and it also confirms 700, band 12 for Tmo. As for WiFi, I haven't researched it but my Z1s does support Wi-Fi calling, I can't imagine the Z3 not supporting Wi-Fi calling. Seems to be a part of Tmo's value proposition these days and it is a differentiator.

Here is a link to the Sony White Paper on the Z3: Xperia Z3 (D6603, D6633, D6643, D6653, and D6616) white paper – Developer World

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
May have found my G2 replacement with this one as long as T-Mobile does 32gb. I just can't do 16gb any longer especially with a 20mp camera.

Posted via Android Central App w/G2

Last edited:

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
May have found my G2 replacement with this one as long as T-Mobile does 32gb. I just can't do 16gb any longer especially with a 20mp camera.

Posted via Android Central App w/G2

Likewise, seen on another website that the Z3 would be available in 16/32gb versions, hope so, I also will never buy a phone with anything less than 32gb of int storage with or without sd-card.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Likewise, seen on another website that the Z3 would be available in 16/32gb versions, hope so, I also will never buy a phone with anything less than 32gb of int storage with or without sd-card.

Yeah my G Pad is 16gb and I'm always fighting for space. Granted I have a few more games installed on the tablet than I would on a phone. I also don't use the tablet for pics and video.

I don't even understand why 16gb is an option on a flagship phone now days.

brokenchains

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I really want the Z3 and I'm glad it's coming to T-Mobile, but I don't think I want to settle for the black version. I would either want the white or the silver-green model. I looked at the FCC documents like some others here and the only difference between the black-only model coming to T-Mobile and the international device with all colors available is BAND 12 LTE (that 700mhz spectrum).

Say I decide to get the international silver-green model, what can I expect running that here in the States on T-Mobile? Wi-Fi calling I can just install a T-Mo ROM for so that shouldn't end up being a problem. I currently have a T-Mo branded Galaxy S4 which doesn't support that spectrum either I believe, so I don't think I'll miss anything.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
As much as I would like the copper version, I'll go with the black Tmo version if I upgrade my Z1s to the Z3, it is the only one with 32gb of storage. Still want to see what Google announces about the Nexus next month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non