Got my Xperia Z3!

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I have an S5 now too and am strongly considering getting the Z3. Would appreciate you posting other thoughts compared to your S5 as you get to using the phone more. Thanks!!

Posted via Android Central App

I have an S5 and want this phone, but im on ATT so hopefully something changes or else it's the note 4.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but where did you buy it? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks for the reply!

You can also purchase from handtec. They don't charge tax on US sales and the total ends up being about 670 I think. UK site. Clove is selling them as well but you'll pay more. They work with tmobile and att LTE just got to change up the APN settings a bit

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Sure! And I get the "H+", it doesn't say LTE but I was told this is just as fast

Did you call AT&T to get your phone provisioned? If not, they maybe restricting the phone to get onto the LTE network.

I thought I read somewhere that the new Experia's don't display the "LTE" symbol anymore, started with the Z2

That's not true. Some regions of the phone, depending on which region the phone came from, it would display either LTE or 4G. Not to worry, all you need to do is to flash a different FTF to an FTF which does use the LTE icon or vice versa.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Did you call AT&T to get your phone provisioned? If not, they maybe restricting the phone to get onto the LTE network.

That's not true. Some regions of the phone, depending on which region the phone came from, it would display either LTE or 4G. Not to worry, all you need to do is to flash a different FTF to an FTF which does use the LTE icon or vice versa.

I called AT&T because at first my data wasnt working, and of course customer service reps didn't know what to do, so I googled it and found the AT&T APN which was not entered on my phone, so I filled it in and Boom H+, but I dont think my version will get LTE, I know the dual sim does though

viking2.0

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Can you please post the model number of your phone. I read that d6603 supports LTE on AT&T. I think Dual sim model is d6633. I am guessing yours is d6653. In which case you wont get LTE.

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I called AT&T because at first my data wasnt working, and of course customer service reps didn't know what to do, so I googled it and found the AT&T APN which was not entered on my phone, so I filled it in and Boom H+, but I dont think my version will get LTE, I know the dual sim does though

Which model do you have? The phone should work with LTE assuming it's the D6603 or D6633. It could that your SIM may not have LTE or the latest SIM that you will need to go to the AT&T store to get new one with LTE.

Also, depending on which region your phone is from, the Internet settings may not have downloaded by default as per FTF customization, as you will have to go the menu to download them manually. Unless you change to a different country FTF which does, can inadvertently get caught off guard.

I was caught off guard when I got my Z2 which was the HK version which did not download by default either and manually downloaded it. When I flashed the phone to the US Customized for instance, it downloaded them automatically.

I think Dual sim model is d6633.

Yep, the Dual SIM is D6633. I ordered one myself.

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Which model do you have? That could be a factory. The phone should work with LTE assuming it's the D6603 or D6633. It could that your SIM may not have LTE or the latest SIM that you will need to go to the AT&T store to get new one with LTE.

Also, depending on which region your phone is from, the Internet settings may not have downloaded by default as per FTF customization, as you will have to go the menu to download them manually. Unless you change to a different country FTF which does, can inadvenetlyh get caught off guard.

I was caught off guard when I got my Z2 which was the HK version which did not download by default either and manually downloaded it. When I flashed the phone to the US Customized for instance, it downloaded them automatically.

Yep, the Dual SIM is D6633. I ordered one myself.

I have the D6653...I looked at the bands and AT&T LTE was not on my version

You can check the bands here: Xperia Z3 (D6603, D6633, D6643, D6653, and D6616) white paper – Developer World

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the D6653...I looked at the bands and AT&T LTE was not on my version

Oh yes, I'm familiar with the white paper.

Was there a particular reason why you got this particular model? If not, I would probably get rid of it and get the appropriate model for global support since D6653 meant for a particular market.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes, I'm familiar with the white paper.

Was there a particular reason why you got this particular model? If not, I would probably get rid of it and get the appropriate model for global support since D6653 meant for a particular market.

I didn't think about the other ones at the time I bought it. I should have bought the dual sim, but the H+ doesnt bother me since I am on wifi the majority of my day anyways

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I didn't think about the other ones at the time I bought it. I should have bought the dual sim, but the H+ doesnt bother me since I am on wifi the majority of my day anyways

The HSPDA should be sufficient for now. The only challenge I would think of is when it comes to finding buyers when you want to sell the phone. This is assuming a future Xperia comes out and planning on replacing it.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Seriously considering returning my iPhone 6 to Tmobile before my 14 days are up.

Aways been a Android guy but decided to finally give the iPhone a shot and I have to say its been relatively bug free.

decisions decisions...the last Xperia (z1s) phone I had suffered from touch issues

Belfastflyer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a HTC one and I'm think of switching to this phone..

I have a couple of questions though:

What is the stock mail app like?

Does Sony put an unique or quirky apps on their phones?

HTC has a great mail app and I love some of the HTC apps like blinkfeed, scribble etc

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I have this phone on O2 in the UK (coming from HTC ONE m7). Stock email app just seems like every other stock one I've seen, although I tend to use the actual Outlook and Gmail apps themselves. There are Sony apps on it like Walkman and a few pushing their media content. But nothing intrusive, especially after I switched to Google Now Launcher. There seems to be an app called Socialife which seems inspired by Blinkfeed at least. Switching from Sense to the Sony skin was odd at first but the Sony skin has a lot of nice features and I think I even prefer it now. It's certainly no worse than Sense; just different.

thegap77

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the compact on att but sometimes my calls won't go through or people calling me say it's going straight to voicemail.
Any advice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kurt2112

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys. I am really interested in this phone, or the Compact version. I am on Verizon in the USA but one of my contracts is expiring soon, so I was thinking of jumping to AT&T and getting this Sony (since I am assuming there will be no Verizon version?). I travel all over the US and the world so I cannot be stuck with T Mobile's weaker US network. So, a few questions...

Can somebody confirm which version of the Z3 will work with AT&T in the USA, on all bands that any other AT&T phone would? In other words, I don't want to get this phone if it won't COMPLETELY work on all 3g and 4g/LTE bands in the US. I see there are several Model Numbers and there is some confusion on which models work on which carriers.

Also, do all the versions support the same GSM networks for global roaming?

I would greatly appreciate any info you guys have to clear this up. Thanks!

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys. I am really interested in this phone, or the Compact version. I am on Verizon in the USA but one of my contracts is expiring soon, so I was thinking of jumping to AT&T and getting this Sony (since I am assuming there will be no Verizon version?). I travel all over the US and the world so I cannot be stuck with T Mobile's weaker US network. So, a few questions...

Can somebody confirm which version of the Z3 will work with AT&T in the USA, on all bands that any other AT&T phone would? In other words, I don't want to get this phone if it won't COMPLETELY work on all 3g and 4g/LTE bands in the US. I see there are several Model Numbers and there is some confusion on which models work on which carriers.

Might want to wait to see what Sony announces in Oct 9.

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

The D6603 and D6633 will support all AT&T bands and worldwide.

The only difference with D6603 and D6633 is that D6633 is a Dual SIM model and does not have LTE band 13.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos