Got my Xperia Z3!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I actually really like it, its easy to use and not too cluttered
I honestly miss the IR blaster, but its not a dealbreaker, the camera is really professional..."Superior Auto" mode on this thing is amazing

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I thought this pic looked awesome

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412306341847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412306341847.jpg
    740.4 KB · Views: 69

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I actually really like it, its easy to use and not too cluttered
I honestly miss the IR blaster, but its not a dealbreaker, the camera is really professional..."Superior Auto" mode on this thing is amazing

I hope the Z3's Superior Auto is an improvement over the Z2's one since it had some challenges in certain situations.

Since you have a Z3 now, you can update your avatar to show a Z3 instead of the phone being shown! :)

Erwinia

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Are you considering flashing the FTF from the UK to US?

Not really- can't really see anything on the UI that's UK specific (given that on initial set up I selected US english as my language). But then again, I don't really know much about flashing- is there a good reason to do so?

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Not really- can't really see anything on the UI that's UK specific (given that on initial set up I selected US english as my language). But then again, I don't really know much about flashing- is there a good reason to do so?

Some of the phone options are different (can select national roaming, or international roaming for instance), and also may contain region specific apps or bloatware which comes on board depending on the country. Also, 4G Icon or LTE icon is also used as well.

I just noticed, UK has a new firmware version out too! :)

Attachments

• XperiFirm.png
    XperiFirm.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 60

it-290

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I've started using Z3 dual sim (D6633) yesterday and for now I am quite glad. I was previously using Xperia Z and after battery leech due to Google Play Services upgrade I was pretty uncertain whether I should give my money to Sony again. However, after quick analysis it looked Z3 is the best android device at this moment, so seems like I am doomed to use their hardware :). And there was an extra incentive - I've got promo with SW2 gratis :).

After just one day of using is hard to say if all that props can be confirmed, but it looks that this phone is really great.
Battery time for me is currently at 1d20h (stand up 4d6h), 66% of battery power at 16:12 local time (phone was charged to full circa at 21:00 yesterday).
Touch response is faster than on my iPad 4 :>
No slow-downs detected up to date.
The only strange thing is - but I had exactly the same situation with my Z - that at some localizations there are problems with switching between LTE and 3G - feels like at very poor signal of LTE phone is switching to 3G, but still trying to get LTE and the internet connection is stopped at such moments. It may be an infrastructural problem of my carrier or something not strictly related to the device.

Regarding SW2 I find it as slightly usable gadget only - it's too big, especially too thick and the functionalities are too few. Although checking sms or rejecting call from the watch is cool :).

But... And here is also my question.
Device runs on 4.4.4 Android and I am getting constant reminders to update Google Play Services. As it was the main reason of the battery leech problem in my Z and I am afraid of this updating.

Have any one of you got such a reminder for updating this service? If yes, have you updated and if yes, have you noticed any alarming symptoms?

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I got my D6633 too. It's great!! It's the Customized MEA (1288-7361) version of the phone but will flash it to Customized HK (1290-5630).

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Oh alright, but lemme know!

It works perfectly fine with AT&T. I went to the AT&T store to get the nano SIM and had them register the IMEI as I had them scan the box. After that, I invoked the phone to download the internet settings in the menu to get the APN and it was good to go.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-03-15-32-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-03-15-32-52.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 61

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hoe do you invoke the phone to download the Internet settings? Mine will be showing up Tuesday, can't wait.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hoe do you invoke the phone to download the Internet settings? Mine will be showing up Tuesday, can't wait.

Posted via the Android Central App

You need to go into the settings -> more to get to this screen (see picture), followed by clicking on Internet Settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-03-22-10-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-03-22-10-31.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_2014-10-03-22-10-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-03-22-10-43.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

donhr

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I read previous posts saying 5+ hours of on screen time. The Phone Arena endurance test reported 9hours on screen time. I guess real world on screen time would be just about 5 hours on screen time? Is that what everyone is getting? Or are you getting more ? Oh and also, Im interested to see on screen time using 4G or LTE. How is it with everyone else? I am interested in getting this phone (currently have HTC M8) but if the OST is 5+ hours only then it might just be pretty close to the M8. I am a really heavy heavy heavy user and I might just have to go back to the removable batteries if on screen time is only at 5 hours.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I read previous posts saying 5+ hours of on screen time. The Phone Arena endurance test reported 9hours on screen time. I guess real world on screen time would be just about 5 hours on screen time? Is that what everyone is getting? Or are you getting more ? Oh and also, Im interested to see on screen time using 4G or LTE. How is it with everyone else? I am interested in getting this phone (currently have HTC M8) but if the OST is 5+ hours only then it might just be pretty close to the M8. I am a really heavy heavy heavy user and I might just have to go back to the removable batteries if on screen time is only at 5 hours.
I can definitely get more the 5 hours of screen time for sure, and this is with heavy use and I'm on 4G... I'll do a better test in the future though

15e6790a5980e1fc9d6b2f6b80057e21.jpg

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3!

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I can definitely get more the 5 hours of screen time for sure, and this is with heavy use and I'm on 4G... I'll do a better test in the future though

Are you sure that is on LTE? The screenshot shows you are on WiFi. If so, that means the LTE was in a disconnected state.

Last edited:

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

The phone easily hits 5-6 hours. If you wanted a lot more I think you could manually lower the screen brightness and tweak a few of the settings in stamina mode. I've seen screenshots of 9 hours. But if you're an insanely heavy user a removable battery with a charged spare will always be a better option. I will say though I have never seen another phone get anwhere near the battery life of the Z3; it's at least twice as good as my htc one m7 was, probably more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz