Purchase Now or wait for the Sony Event?

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm perplexed. I'm going to buy an unlocked Z3 but I don't know if I should wait for the official Sony event and order it from them or just go ahead and buy the dual SIM model through gsmnation. I'd hate to buy the international Dual SIM and then Sony announce that remote play is a US exclusive.

aculyizfrozen

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm perplexed. I'm going to buy an unlocked Z3 but I don't know if I should wait for the official Sony event and order it from them or just go ahead and buy the dual SIM model through gsmnation. I'd hate to buy the international Dual SIM and then Sony announce that remote play is a US exclusive.

Why would remote play be a US exclusive... They are advertising this as one of the MAIN features for this phone. Nowhere did it say it's only to certain models. I got the dual sim model. The remote play app for the PS4 app doesn't come out till November.

I would say that one reason to wait for the event, is to reveal more carriers other than t-mobile? I don't know. But I can tell you that the ps4 remote play feature will not be a US exclusive. Especially when they have the new game controller mounts as an accessory in the sony UK and other region's website.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Wait for the event Thursday. Worst case scenario you wait a few extra days to order one from gsmnation. No harm done at that point.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I say wait and hope Sony announces any rebate offers like they did with the Z1S. Which I got $100 Visa gift card and a PlayStation Plus subscription.

I feel Sony needs to increase rebates and offers in order to move units in the United States and I'll be waiting like a vulture for a good deal

Jonathan Lin1

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Can someone help me.. I can't figure out how to get data onto my xperia z3 tmobile... I took the sim card out of my nexus 4 and put it in the xperia 3... but i cant get data to work. Are there settings I need to put?

aculyizfrozen

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Can someone help me.. I can't figure out how to get data onto my xperia z3 tmobile... I took the sim card out of my nexus 4 and put it in the xperia 3... but i cant get data to work. Are there settings I need to put?

Go to settings > More > Scroll down and tap "Internet settings" to download internet and MMS settings. Once that's done, go to APN's, and select the new T-Mobile APN that's been setup for you. It should now work.

Peter McCain

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry about remote play, you can download or sideload it to any device and use any controller you want.

Posted via Android Central App

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen any leaks prior to the event tomorrow. Would have expected something. Makes me wonder if other carriers will be getting the Z3. Fingers crossed they do and this isn't just announcing unlocked versions and tmob release date.

aculyizfrozen

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen any leaks prior to the event tomorrow. Would have expected something. Makes me wonder if other carriers will be getting the Z3. Fingers crossed they do and this isn't just announcing unlocked versions and tmob release date.

Hoping it comes to Verizon. Yea, they will add their bloat to the phone. But it will definitely help Sony's sales.