Sony Xperia Z3 Flashlight widget

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I bought a z3 for myself and a z3c for my girlfriend. The z3c arrived first and as I was playing around with it, I had found a flashlight widget that looked pretty cool. I ended up flashing it to the US firmware and did the same with my z3 when it arrived. As I was setting up my z3, I went to add the flashlight widget, it wasn't there. Went back and checked the z3c and it doesn't have it now either. Anyone know whet I might find this widget? I'm using another widget for the time being, but I would love to have that one. I don't know which version of android either phone came with.

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Flashlight widget

OK, so I bought a z3 for myself and a z3c for my girlfriend. The z3c arrived first and as I was playing around with it, I had found a flashlight widget that looked pretty cool. I ended up flashing it to the US firmware and did the same with my z3 when it arrived. As I was setting up my z3, I went to add the flashlight widget, it wasn't there. Went back and checked the z3c and it doesn't have it now either. Anyone know whet I might find this widget? I'm using another widget for the time being, but I would love to have that one. I don't know which version of android either phone came with.

The widget must have been preloaded on that version device. It won't be easy to get the widget installed on the US version softwrae that you loaded, as it will require pulling the apk and modifying it to work on your device.

Aside from preference, is there a reason why the alternative is not working out for you?

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

It's really just a matter of preference. Functionally, the alternative works fine. But the one I saw was more aesthetically pleasing and had a light click sound that went with it. I am just hoping to get it back.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I just received my D6603 today ( I sold my D6633 on Saturday and shipped it today, and after a well thought decision I stayed with the White and Unlocked version instead of waiting for the T-Mobile One). And the one I got came with the Generic Latin America firmware and there it was the Torch Widget.

I'm a Spanish speaker, from Latin America (Puerto Rico) but I don't like Spanish menus and Language in general on any Device, so I always change it to English, then I thought that it was a better fit just to use the Generic US version so I downloaded and flashed it, and no, there is no more Torch widgets.

So, as you can see, if you want to get the widget, you will need to look for other region firmwares.

Reverend_Funk

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried going to the top menu pull down, selecting quick settings and Edit? It brings up a favourites bar at the bottom of the screen and the flashlight widget is in there on mine..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance