Really wish I knew that Sony failed to add native group texting and call blocker feature.....It could be that I have not found it yet, but I am seeing several posts on the web that these two features do not exist - which usually require root (not possible on Z3 yet from what I am told) or a third party app.
    10-24-2014 05:07 AM
    Can you not send group texts from the contacts app? Think there's an option there to create a group and send a group message. Not tried it yet though.
    10-24-2014 05:30 AM
    Can you not send group texts from the contacts app? Think there's an option there to create a group and send a group message. Not tried it yet though.
    I can from the native text app, i dont see a way to start a group text from the contacts app, but the default text app separates them into single threads - really strange. Tried it last night with wife and sons phone. One of them started a group text and I got it from the initial text as a single text, then when the other person replied to the group text, the native text app generated another single thread, in each of these threads (2 now) I can only text one of them, and I do not see the other persons messages within either. Then I started a group text to them, and it started out well - I figured maybe the group text they started was one we started on my windows phone, It went well at first, then the group text got separated into single threads again............. Hopefully Hangouts will fix this, gonna test it today.

For the call/sms blocking im remembered I used Extreme Call Blocker in the past and it worked very well without root - going to try that out today.
    10-24-2014 05:46 AM
    Other then these two issues, I hope to resolve today - This phone is Fantastic!
    10-24-2014 05:52 AM
    I ran into the same issue. Hangouts handles the group texts just fine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-24-2014 11:54 AM
    I started to use the hangouts feature, but then it sent an invite to people. Isn't there a way just to have an SMS thread without having to download a 3rd party app? I'm also coming from windows phone and this is pretty annoying.
    10-25-2014 09:37 AM
    I downloaded the Textra app and replaced the native app with that one. No need to send invites or anything. Works really well and functions just like the native one does, except that it allows for normal group text (like EVERY other phone on earth in 2014) ... cmon Sony, seriously??
    10-29-2014 10:01 AM
    I started to use the hangouts feature, but then it sent an invite to people. Isn't there a way just to have an SMS thread without having to download a 3rd party app? I'm also coming from windows phone and this is pretty annoying.
    Noticed that yesterday - really strange. On my Z3 no one got invites that Im aware of when using hangouts, then on my G3, I tried it on my account (same one I used for the z3) and invites went out - so odd. But it did allow Group texts.
    10-30-2014 01:08 PM
    I downloaded the Textra app and replaced the native app with that one. No need to send invites or anything. Works really well and functions just like the native one does, except that it allows for normal group text (like EVERY other phone on earth in 2014) ... cmon Sony, seriously??
    Can you show me the settings you use? Are you on T-Mobile
    10-31-2014 08:01 PM
    On my tmobile z3 I'm able to do group text. Just add more names in the native texting app.
    10-31-2014 09:30 PM
    On my tmobile z3 I'm able to do group text. Just add more names in the native texting app.
    T-Mobile here as well - you can send the text message in a group, true. But when those in the group text reply (for me anyway) the native texting app seperates those replies into single threads/messages
    11-01-2014 11:02 AM
    +1 for Textra. Handles group texts perfectly and had loads of customizability.
    11-07-2014 01:35 PM
    What settings are you using in Textra for groups texts?
    11-11-2014 03:10 PM