Sony Xperia Z3 Do not drop!

Ebaneeezor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sony Xperia Z3 - Mine just fell from about waist height, flat on its display screen, and the screen is shattered and does not recognize screen taps of any kind anywhere on the screen. Put yours in a case ASAP ---

This material choice, might convince me to get the G3 or Nexus 6 that have Gorilla glass - Once I get the replacement from Squaretrade (which is way better and cheaper then carrier insurance imo.. Tmobile wants 175$ deductible and 10$ a month, squaretrade wants 5$ a month and a 75$ deductible. They have three options for replacement First is to replace it if they have your phone in stock, second is to fix it if they can, third and final option is to send you a check for the value of the phone - 5 day guarantee on the second two options and a 24 hour guarantee on the first option)

At least im guaranteed one thing - The case I ordered for the Z3 will probably arrive today, even though it had an expected date of last Friday.

Last edited:

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Do not drop!

Sorry to hear that man. At least you had insurance. That's exactly why I am getting insurance on my Z3C. One drop and it's game over potentially.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I don't know why they made this phone so dang fragile. I don't have a case for my Z3v yet and it's making me very nervous.

I'll order one soon.

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, I hate cases and I love the look and feel of this phone and hate the idea of a case on it but I've dropped it on tile once and my heart sank. Luckily it was completely unscathed, but that's not a fear I want to experience again. I'm now looking for a case in won't hate.

Posted via the Android Central App

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Sony Xperia Z3 - Mine just fell from about waist height, flat on its display screen, and the screen is shattered and does not recognize screen taps of any kind anywhere on the screen. Put yours in a case ASAP ---

This material choice, might convince me to get the G3 or Nexus 6 that have Gorilla glass - Once I get the replacement from Squaretrade (which is way better and cheaper then carrier insurance imo.. Tmobile wants 175$ deductible and 10$ a month, squaretrade wants 5$ a month and a 75$ deductible. They have three options for replacement First is to replace it if they have your phone in stock, second is to fix it if they can, third and final option is to send you a check for the value of the phone - 5 day guarantee on the second two options and a 24 hour guarantee on the first option)

At least im guaranteed one thing - The case I ordered for the Z3 will probably arrive today, even though it had an expected date of last Friday.
My sister's Galaxy S5 fell from about chest high face down 3 days after she got it. It supposedly had gg3. However, the screen did shatter . Luckily she had insurance too. I don't know what the deductible was but it was T-mobile jump insurance. She got it replaced that day

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

and of course, just as my life would be - the case arrived the day my phone broke, lol....so typical
just in case anyone is curious, this is the case I got, in smoke color

Sony Xperia Z3 Case Ringke Fusion Shock Absorption Bumper Hybrid Case Free Film | eBay

I had a similar case in black but decided I didn't like the buttons being covered (especially the camera button). I'm now rocking this bad boy which is pretty good although they made me wait the best part of a month for it.

Sony Xperia Z3 Case, Terrapin [Extra Slim Fit] Hybrid Rubberised [Black] Protective Hard Case for Sony Xperia Z3 - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

MattGG

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Just wondering if you've tried to dock and charge your Z3 with the Ringke Fusion case? Trying to find a slim case with top, bottom and side protection that can be docked in the Sony DK48 and unfortunately not having much luck.

Ebaneeezor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I was thinking about getting that case too. How is it?

it fits snug, but cant really give a valid opinion as phone is broke :( I think it would work very well.

Not sure if it fits in the cradle I Purchased as I did not try it out, but there is certainly enough play for it to work, it would just be a matter of if the magnetic contacts line up.

and to finish it off - Just got off the phone with Squaretrade and they are going to wire me 630$ for the phone once I ship it back in a prepaid fedex label - love squaretrade! going to pay off the Z3 and maybe get the G3 instead. Better cases are made for it, no glass on the back - after this break im not sure I want to carry around a egg for 2 years.Z3 is simply to fragile, and good cases are scarce...sad because this phone and its UI are really nice.

KDiz

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Exact reason I bought a case before I pre-ordered my Z3. After dropping my Nexus 5 from about 3' and cracking the screen, I didn't want to take any chances with this phone. Especially with the back being fragile as well.

Ebaneeezor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

wow - forget squaretrade - here is what happened (copied from my FB post on the squaretrade FB page.)

I purchased a plan on 10/27, had a 1 day waiting period - during this wait period I was testing out the online claim process and getting used to the site as I have never used Squaretrade before. Knowing I had a 1 day wait period and not covered yet, I felt safe in taking the site for a test spin. The next morning my phone fell, and thought I was so lucky for getting INS the day before :) Made the call and got the approval and email with fed ex label. Then I get a call later in the evening from some guy claiming to the highest in command of claims, and basically stated I was a liar and would not honor my claim because my IMEI didn't match and because I used the online claim system before I was covered! He also told me that I can never use SquareTrade because of this. WTF??? I Pay, phone breaks when you say I am covered, but really your response is to say I am a liar and have a good day? We could have just verified that I didn't fat finger the IMEI, and I tried to explain why I was navigating the claim system, but he did not care, he just kept repeating "Sir, this claim is suspicious and we are not honoring it". He wanted nothing to do with it, he just kept calling me Suspicious and that my claim wouldn't be covered. I asked to talk to a manager and he said there is no one higher then him. I get it, sucks that my first 5$ payment for coverage turns into a 630$ hit to Squaretrade, but that's the business you chose to create - honor your claims to people that have followed the process.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Just keep hitting them up on social media complaining about it. It's the best way to complain these days. But these companies always try to get out of it (which they shouldn't). Having a dry run through was probably a mistake. Would look bad if the day before a factory burned down the manager had a practice at writing the fire insurance claim. Good luck anyway.

anon(9155935)

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

I would post the link but under 10 posts!

Amazon have this or you can Google Case-Mate Tough Case for Xperia Z3 - that charges with the DK48!

Ebaneeezor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Getting closer to final resolution, Squaretrade is at least responding to me on SM - but who knows... Took a spin with the LG G3, didnt like it, took it back. Sent the phone to Sony on RMA. See what happens.. thanks for all the replies :) appreciate them all.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
If they don't take care of you, you might consult with an attorney. If the plan is considered insurance and subject to regulation by the department of insurance, there may be a 1st party bad faith issue. Calling out fraud without any proof is a huge no no in the insurance claims business.

Ebaneeezor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If they don't take care of you, you might consult with an attorney. If the plan is considered insurance and subject to regulation by the department of insurance, there may be a 1st party bad faith issue. Calling out fraud without any proof is a huge no no in the insurance claims business.

I agree, although I can see the other points made - however I did my claim in good faith, no one bothered to even look into it, the decision was based on assumption only. They claimed I had a bad IMEI and never asked for a photo of that, even when i asked if i could send one in they said no. I called Sony today and verified its a legit # and that I had the right number. The other issue they claim is the Claim dry run I did, although it does look fishy, it prooves nothing, I did it while I had no coverage and I knew that - its in the emailed contract and on my UI homescreen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay