New Z3 owner...Some issues I'm having

joeyvaz

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So I got the Z3 last week (Verizon) So far I like the device, but am having a few issues.

1. Phone has rebooted on its own about 3 or 4 times. Each time, I was listening to music through various sources (Pandora, Sound Cloud, and Power Amp)
2. ALL my emails via the built in app (Linked to my corporate Outlook account) show up as new. I've selected them all and marked as read, but a few minutes later they show up as if they are new. I'm not deleting them, just marking them as new. It's a pain because I cannot tell if I truly have new emails I need to look at.
3. Night time/low light shots looks terrible. But I can live with that I guess since day time shots look incredible.

That's it for now. Anyone else having issues 1 & 2 as noted above?

Thanks!

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the UK but my phone has never rebooted on its own. My email works well but until it's sorted you could try the outlook app. It's pretty good. How bad are the low light shots? Do you have examples? The camera is pretty good so they shouldn't be that bad. You do sometimes have to dip into manual to get the very best out it though.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the Verizon version but the unlocked, I would exchange if it's rebooting like that and you just got it. No point in living with a phone that has problems and then be upset after the return period is over. That's not normal behavior

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the Z3v and I'm not having any of those issues. My nighttime shots are okay but that's because I played around with the manual settings. I didn't purchase this phone for the camera, though.

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
So I got the Z3 last week (Verizon) So far I like the device, but am having a few issues.

1. Phone has rebooted on its own about 3 or 4 times. Each time, I was listening to music through various sources (Pandora, Sound Cloud, and Power Amp)
2. ALL my emails via the built in app (Linked to my corporate Outlook account) show up as new. I've selected them all and marked as read, but a few minutes later they show up as if they are new. I'm not deleting them, just marking them as new. It's a pain because I cannot tell if I truly have new emails I need to look at.
3. Night time/low light shots looks terrible. But I can live with that I guess since day time shots look incredible.

That's it for now. Anyone else having issues 1 & 2 as noted above?

Thanks!

i have the tmo version and i had issues with my gmail too and try to use the built in mail app to see if its better as soon as i activated it was pushing all my emails including spam mails too so i was deleting like 300 emails drove me crazy and i do prefer the look of the gmail app anyway it toke a couple days for the phone to get my emails on time i think its works ok now ,i disabled the mail application came with the phone so far ok.

about the camera its not the greatest in low light just like other phone cameras but i think its still better than most im happy with the camera in general maybe you were expecting too much from it .

Dpreview.com website has a professional camera test of the sony if you like to check it out it did very well there ,
i like how fast its focuses and takes pretty good pictures most of the time

no rebooting so far

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
This is not normal. Since you are still within your return/exchange period I would not hesitate to have them swap you with another NEW one.

Also, personally as a rule, even though its not absolutely necessary, the first thing I do after powering it up is to do a factory reset. Took about a minute for me on this device.

I've had the Z3v since Friday and it has been absolutely flawless in operation.

joeyvaz

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just had it reboot again while I was talking. Not even running any music apps. So that isn't the issue. I will be visiting the Verizon store tomorrow to see if they will swap it out.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Just had it reboot again while I was talking. Not even running any music apps. So that isn't the issue. I will be visiting the Verizon store tomorrow to see if they will swap it out.
does the phone feel hotel than normal when it reboots?

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think this is a good idea. I have had none of these problems with my Z3v.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3V

joeyvaz

May 15, 2013
Visit site
no, it doesn't feel hotter than normal.

For mail issue, I downloaded MailWise and it's working great.

Going to VZW tomorrow and try to get it swapped out.

Ultraman1966

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
My phone rebooted once over but the strange thing is I didn't need to unlock my sim card again. I know it is a reboot because of the battery drop and the up time having reset.