Almost bought the xperia z3 until i compared the 20mp camera to my note 3 13mp camera

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
i totally disagree after i had both phones next to each other and every picture i took my note 3 was best.

As a scientific comparison it is flawed as the phones use different screen technology. A lot of SAMSUNG owners prefer how stuff looks on SAMSUNG screens with colours "popping" etc. Therefore, the reason your pics looked better on the NOTE 3 in your opinion could easily be as much to do with the screens as the cameras.

KDiz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would love it this way, but sadly this is not always the case. It's as if it resets on a nightly basis. If it's within an hours or so then yes, but if I haven't taken a picture for a couple hours it will be back to superior auto... Just checked, it's on superior auto... Last pic taken was on manual.

Posted via the Android Central App

I was able to keep manual mode by leaving it in manual and closing the app, then creating a shortcut from the app drawer to one of your screens. Both places open in manual now. The only place it doesn't launch in manual is the shortcut on the lock screen.

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I would love it this way, but sadly this is not always the case. It's as if it resets on a nightly basis. If it's within an hours or so then yes, but if I haven't taken a picture for a couple hours it will be back to superior auto... Just checked, it's on superior auto... Last pic taken was on manual.

When I go to sleep I just put my phone in airplane mode.

When I leave my camera in manual its stays in manual for good ,I'm not sure what you doing wrong

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I was able to keep manual mode by leaving it in manual and closing the app, then creating a shortcut from the app drawer to one of your screens. Both places open in manual now. The only place it doesn't launch in manual is the shortcut on the lock screen.

I don't need to create a shortcut its just stays in manual I just checked mine

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
When I go to sleep I just put my phone in airplane mode.

When I leave my camera in manual its stays in manual for good ,I'm not sure what you doing wrong

Well, I'm not doing anything "wrong". But for more info, I close the camera by baking out of it (I don't use the home button), but that shouldn't switch cameras I wouldn't think. One thing I have figured out though is that if I launch the camera via the icon it retains the camera mode that was last used, however if I launch the camera app using the camera button (which is infinitely easier) it will immediately flip back to auto superior. I can understand why it does that but it's a pain.

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm not doing anything "wrong". But for more info, I close the camera by baking out of it (I don't use the home button), but that shouldn't switch cameras I wouldn't think. One thing I have figured out though is that if I launch the camera via the icon it retains the camera mode that was last used, however if I launch the camera app using the camera button (which is infinitely easier) it will immediately flip back to auto superior. I can understand why it does that but it's a pain.

Yes that's right maybe they will fix that,

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I expect some kind of software fix to squeeze better quality out of the camera because the hardware is there. With that being said, I still find the unit very capable and enjoyable for my needs. All photos unedited except for the first one. Coming from the Lumia 1020, nothing compares but I think Sony is selling themselves short with their algorithms.

Attachments

• 16864.jpg
    16864.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0124.jpg
    DSC_0124.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0141.jpg