11-10-2014 05:11 PM
29 12
tools
    So i was so in on buying the sony xperia z3 i was checking it out at the store and ready to tell the worker go get it for me im ready to buy but when i turned the camera on and turned the camera on my note 3 then compared my note 3 with a 13mp camera took way better pics and the pics were alot more focused what a damn shame when sony claims there camera is 20mp yet my 13mp takes better pics.
    10-30-2014 06:10 PM
    So i was so in on buying the sony xperia z3 i was checking it out at the store and ready to tell the worker go get it for me im ready to buy but when i turned the camera on and turned the camera on my note 3 then compared my note 3 with a 13mp camera took way better pics and the pics were alot more focused what a damn shame when sony claims there camera is 20mp yet my 13mp takes better pics.
    Megapixels doesn't necessarily mean better pictures....a lot of factors come into play such as how and where you focus, lighting, etc...but to each his own I guess
    10-30-2014 06:17 PM
    Sometimes it's not all about the MegaPixels. That being said, the Z3 doesn't take bad pictures usually. Maybe the demo unit was defective or it had some protective film that kept it from focusing properly?

The Note 3 DOES take amazing pictures... as long as they're well lit and with no moving subjects. Samsung phones have very capable cameras but suffer from a slow shutter problem. So unless you're in a very well lit place (and I mean sunbright light) and your subject is not moving, you'll get potentially blurry pictures with the Note 3.
    10-30-2014 06:18 PM
    The one i tested the camera with was brand new and just put on display at the tmobile store and there was no protective film on it i even wiped the lens clean it was just horrible to me.
    10-30-2014 06:21 PM
    Well, too bad. I've seen some awesome pictures taken with Z3's but yeah, I also took very good pictures with my Note 3 when my subject wasn't moving (impossible to get a good shot of my I'mNeverQuietOrStill puppy).
    10-30-2014 06:24 PM
    Someone needs to make a comparison video or post pics of the 2 you will see what im talking about.
    10-30-2014 06:35 PM
    My Z3 is in the mail so I don't know for sure... but doesn't the Z3 have it's camera taking pics in 8 megapixels as default, and you have to change it to 20 in the settings?... Or am I off on this one? If so, maybe this is a reason the Z3 pics did not look quite as good as expected.
    10-30-2014 06:35 PM
    i tried it in auto and manual mode and the focus is just not good.
    10-30-2014 06:41 PM
    Ive taken amazing pics with my Z3, I'd say for a smartphone camera is pretty up there with the best if not the best
    10-30-2014 06:54 PM
    Why are you posting here then? Your note 3 is better in your opinion so you've saved yourself some $. And Sony claims it's 20mp because it is. However, other factors such as image processing also have an effect on image quality.
    10-30-2014 07:10 PM
    My Z3v takes awesome photos. They're way better than the photos I took with my Note 3.
    10-30-2014 07:32 PM
    i totally disagree after i had both phones next to each other and every picture i took my note 3 was best.
    10-30-2014 07:37 PM
    I'm betting the demo unit was on superior auto. Took me half a day to realize that I had to change it to manual. For some reason I haven't been impressed by superior auto at all, but switch it to manual and I couldn't be happier, and that's without manually changing any of the settings.

That being said, is there a way to ensure that the camera opens to manual each time it's loaded? Currently the only time I use superior auto is if I have to take a quick pic and then it's hit or miss. If it always opened to manual I'd have more confidence in the quick shots.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2014 07:41 PM
    i adjusted the camera settings the note 3 still had better focus and pics.
    10-30-2014 08:27 PM
    watch this video in hd its the xperia z3 vs note 3 and you can clearly see besides the camera the note 3 screen looks way better to=
    10-30-2014 08:29 PM
    I'm betting the demo unit was on superior auto. Took me half a day to realize that I had to change it to manual. For some reason I haven't been impressed by superior auto at all, but switch it to manual and I couldn't be happier, and that's without manually changing any of the settings.

That being said, is there a way to ensure that the camera opens to manual each time it's loaded? Currently the only time I use superior auto is if I have to take a quick pic and then it's hit or miss. If it always opened to manual I'd have more confidence in the quick shots.

If you leave the camera in manual and close the app when you open again it will be in manual. I like it this way .
    10-30-2014 08:59 PM

Agree manual is good but I'm OK with auto too and my z3 focuses just fine and I'm happy with the pictures nice and alaot of details I use it in 15 mp mode.
    10-30-2014 09:03 PM
    i tried it in auto and manual mode and the focus is just not good.
    If it would have a bed focus everyone would be complaining about it here .
    10-30-2014 09:05 PM
    If you leave the camera in manual and close the app when you open again it will be in manual. I like it this way .
    I would love it this way, but sadly this is not always the case. It's as if it resets on a nightly basis. If it's within an hours or so then yes, but if I haven't taken a picture for a couple hours it will be back to superior auto... Just checked, it's on superior auto... Last pic taken was on manual.

10-30-2014 10:43 PM
    Idk why you arguing about the camera...your experience is not the law of the land...Many people have taken great pics with the Xperia Z3....I have been on the Note 4 forums and people are complaining about how bad the camera is...what your eyes see is different than what someone else's eyes see...to me the Z3 is one of the best camera's I have ever had, and I have posted pics in the "Pictures" thread to prove it

If anything, you should bring your own proof of what you see instead of arguing the Z3 camera is worst than the Note 3 camera without showing anything for it
    techaddict2 likes this.
    10-31-2014 01:32 AM
    i totally disagree after i had both phones next to each other and every picture i took my note 3 was best.
    As a scientific comparison it is flawed as the phones use different screen technology. A lot of SAMSUNG owners prefer how stuff looks on SAMSUNG screens with colours "popping" etc. Therefore, the reason your pics looked better on the NOTE 3 in your opinion could easily be as much to do with the screens as the cameras.
    techaddict2 likes this.
    10-31-2014 05:46 AM
    I would love it this way, but sadly this is not always the case. It's as if it resets on a nightly basis. If it's within an hours or so then yes, but if I haven't taken a picture for a couple hours it will be back to superior auto... Just checked, it's on superior auto... Last pic taken was on manual.

I was able to keep manual mode by leaving it in manual and closing the app, then creating a shortcut from the app drawer to one of your screens. Both places open in manual now. The only place it doesn't launch in manual is the shortcut on the lock screen.
    10-31-2014 07:40 AM

When I go to sleep I just put my phone in airplane mode.

When I leave my camera in manual its stays in manual for good ,I'm not sure what you doing wrong
    10-31-2014 04:47 PM
    I was able to keep manual mode by leaving it in manual and closing the app, then creating a shortcut from the app drawer to one of your screens. Both places open in manual now. The only place it doesn't launch in manual is the shortcut on the lock screen.
    I don't need to create a shortcut its just stays in manual I just checked mine
    10-31-2014 04:51 PM
    When I go to sleep I just put my phone in airplane mode.

When I leave my camera in manual its stays in manual for good ,I'm not sure what you doing wrong
    Well, I'm not doing anything "wrong". But for more info, I close the camera by baking out of it (I don't use the home button), but that shouldn't switch cameras I wouldn't think. One thing I have figured out though is that if I launch the camera via the icon it retains the camera mode that was last used, however if I launch the camera app using the camera button (which is infinitely easier) it will immediately flip back to auto superior. I can understand why it does that but it's a pain.

10-31-2014 06:54 PM
29 12