screen rotation lag

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I have the z3 dual and am liking the phone for sure! Although one issue Im having is that the screen rotation seriously lags. Sometimes it doesnt rotate into landscape and when it does it wont rotate back to portrait. Eventually it does but I end up doing several 360 degree turns in order for it to register. Very frustrating and a little embarrassing for such a slick phone.

Currently I have both screen rotation and smart screen checked. Phone is unrooted running Apex launcher. Anybody have any suggestions on this and or any tips to help my phone be more snappy?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I also have the same phone, and one thing I noticed with this phone is that if you have multiple things running in the background (I notice it with the Walkman app) that it kind of slows the phone down...I'd suggest clearing your background running apps every once in a while to make sure nothing is affecting the performance

Also you can get this app called "Clean Master" which is a very nyce app that clears unused ram and frees up a lot of space on the phone so that it runs faster

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I try to stay on top of closing apps although i haven't seen a way to clear RAM yet. On my old phone this was very easy...so for Z3 i need to install 3rd party app to do this? if so Ill check out clean master.

Any other tips for a performance/ snappier boost?

Darat

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem, I've used several launchers and it's the same with them all. Definitely nothing to do with background apps and tasks.

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I've given clean master a couple of hours and have even exited apex launcher for a bit but the screen lag is still there (calling it a "lag" doesn't do it justice) ...now I just frustratingly shake the phone when it doesn't switch. Lame

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Ive been playing around with different settings and clearing cache but the lag is still here :( Screen still gets stuck in either portrait or landscape mode and will not rotate. When it does it happens after much flipping and rotating the phone for 30 seconds or so..
I might try a hard reset and see if that changes anything

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the z3 dual and am liking the phone for sure! Although one issue Im having is that the screen rotation seriously lags. Sometimes it doesnt rotate into landscape and when it does it wont rotate back to portrait. Eventually it does but I end up doing several 360 degree turns in order for it to register. Very frustrating and a little embarrassing for such a slick phone.

Currently I have both screen rotation and smart screen checked. Phone is unrooted running Apex launcher. Anybody have any suggestions on this and or any tips to help my phone be more snappy?

when i first got the phone got in to developer options and turned off all effects and animations im not sure that would effect the speed of the phone but i just dont need those turned on ,and i dont have a lag

gunzkevin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
It is caused by smart screen rotation. Turn it off. I have the Z2 and tried the feature, but it will think you are laying on your side in bed, and will keep the same screen orientation.

Good in theory, but not executed well. It's not lag though.

Posted via Android Central App

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
It is caused by smart screen rotation. Turn it off. I have the Z2 and tried the feature, but it will think you are laying on your side in bed, and will keep the same screen orientation.

Good in theory, but not executed well. It's not lag though.

Thanks! I just found that out as well. "smart screen rotation" was definitely the culprit. with it unchecked everything is snappy as I would expect and am much happier!

gunzkevin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Glad it worked out. Hopefully the feature can get some bugs worked out. It would be nice in bed, but it ruins my normal everyday usage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks