Sony Xperia Z3 T-Mobile - How much usable onboard storage?

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It's great the Tmobile version of the Xperia Z3 offers 32GB onboard storage, but of those 32GB, how much usable space is available out of the box?

I've heard as little as ~12GB due to Sony's skin? Is this true?

I'm aware of the micro SD expansion, but I'm curious about the onboard storage.

Thanks in advance!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It's great the Tmobile version of the Xperia Z3 offers 32GB onboard storage, but of those 32GB, how much usable space is available out of the box?

I've heard as little as ~12GB due to Sony's skin? Is this true?

I'm aware of the micro SD expansion, but I'm curious about the onboard storage.

Thanks in advance!

The person that told you that or wrote about it is full of ****, unless he was talking about the 16GB version. My D6603 with 16GB came with 11.57GB of usable space, and after all my Apps and stuff on it I still have 9GB free where in my Galaxy S5 with the same apps and stuff have about 7GB.

So I think I read someplace on a T-Mobile D6616 review that it had about 26GB of usable space right out of the box. It makes sense if you compare with the Unlocked one plus all the Bloatware that comes pre-installed.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Good to know! Thanks, fellas. I thought it sounded really weird that it'd only be 12GB of storage. I'm very close to choosing this as my next phone! Everything I'm reading about it is sounding extremely promising.

Would anyone by chance have or have owned a Nexus 5 prior to owning the Z3? Can someone comment on speaker quality and loudness? I know the Z3's dual front facing speakers should be better/louder, but I'm wondering by how much.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Good to know! Thanks, fellas. I thought it sounded really weird that it'd only be 12GB of storage. I'm very close to choosing this as my next phone! Everything I'm reading about it is sounding extremely promising.

Would anyone by chance have or have owned a Nexus 5 prior to owning the Z3? Can someone comment on speaker quality and loudness? I know the Z3's dual front facing speakers should be better/louder, but I'm wondering by how much.

My last phone was an HTC One M7 which was known for speaker quality. Obviously the Z3 speakers are no boom sound but they're definitely good enough for me not to miss it.
Ps if you do choose the Z3 I hope you enjoy it. It's just a great device with no major weaknesses.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
My last phone was an HTC One M7 which was known for speaker quality. Obviously the Z3 speakers are no boom sound but they're definitely good enough for me not to miss it.
Ps if you do choose the Z3 I hope you enjoy it. It's just a great device with no major weaknesses.

I'm really leaning towards it.

How is the signal and GPS strengths, particularly if anyone is on Tmobile in NYC? My Nexus 5 is terrible at holding signal and locking on GPS, sadly.

calbrs04

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I had the N5 before. The external speakers are a lot louder. The only downside is that notifications are very muted (ringtone is fine).

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the N5 before. The external speakers are a lot louder. The only downside is that notifications are very muted (ringtone is fine).

Oh, nice! Could you also comment on signal and GPS strength, if possible? Would really appreciate that. As I said before, my Nexus 5 does a terrible job at holding signal/GPS strength.

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm really leaning towards it.

How is the signal and GPS strengths, particularly if anyone is on Tmobile in NYC? My Nexus 5 is terrible at holding signal and locking on GPS, sadly.
Total space 25.90 gb
I had a moto x before the Sony I think sony has better signal I noticed , also GPS works fine I'm using it daily for my work and battery won't go down very quickly last a long time im using auto brightness its works fine .camera nice too buy it you be happy,make sure you put a case on it

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

I had the same issue about notifications muted I had to change it to a different sound and all fine now
There is soo many to choose from check it out .

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdvdbone88