Can any help me with an issue I am having with factory unlocked phone: Xperia Z3 D6603?

rudy4pl

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Issue with Factory Unlocked Phone: Xperia Z3 D6603

Hello guys! A few days ago I've picked up a factory unlocked Xperia Z3 D6603 from amazon from a "reputable" seller. The phone works like a charm, but it came with multiple preinstalled T-Mobile German apps, one which cannot be deleted. Also, while booting the device, T-Mobile logo pops up for a few seconds. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be like that since it's a "factory unlocked" device that shouldn't be tied to any specific carrier. It's nothing groundbreaking, it's just an annoyance that shouldn't be taking place. Is there anyway to get rid of the T-Mobile boot screen without rooting the device? Also, has anybody else experienced this?

I'm currently using it with AT&T.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Issue with Factory Unlocked Phone: Xperia Z3 D6603

Hello guys! A few days ago I've picked up a factory unlocked Xperia Z3 D6603 from amazon from a "reputable" seller. The phone works like a charm, but it came with multiple preinstalled T-Mobile German apps, one which cannot be deleted. Also, while booting the device, T-Mobile logo pops up for a few seconds. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be like that since it's a "factory unlocked" device that shouldn't be tied to any specific carrier. It's nothing groundbreaking, it's just an annoyance that shouldn't be taking place. Is there anyway to get rid of the T-Mobile boot screen without rooting the device? Also, has anybody else experienced this?

I'm currently using it with AT&T.

Your phone is factory Unlocked but came with a branded firmware. Go to this link and read and download FlashTool, then pick the firmware of your choice, look for the ones that says Generic or custom, those are the ones that won't have any carrier bloatwares and boot logo screens, just pure Sony stuff, look for the latest generic one, I'm using 23.0.A.2.105 Generic UK, great one and the latest, it's under branded UK but is Generic, only thing you'll miss is the LTE icon as in UK 4G is what in America is called LTE, but you'll be getting LTE if available and selected.

rudy4pl

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

Sweet! That's exactly what I have been looking for. No need to unlock bootloader or root. Thank you buddy!

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Your phone is factory Unlocked but came with a branded firmware. Go to this link and read and download FlashTool, then pick the firmware of your choice, look for the ones that says Generic or custom, those are the ones that won't have any carrier bloatwares and boot logo screens, just pure Sony stuff, look for the latest generic one, I'm using 23.0.A.2.105 Generic UK, great one and the latest, it's under branded UK but is Generic, only thing you'll miss is the LTE icon as in UK 4G is what in America is called LTE, but you'll be getting LTE if available and selected.

I think you meant to say Customized UK since that is what is listed in XperiFirm. If you get Customized US, you will have LTE related icons.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I think you meant to say Customized UK since that is what is listed in XperiFirm. If you get Customized US, you will have LTE related icons.

Generic or Customized is the same, both means the unbranded version, but yes, you're right, it says Customized UK on Xperifirm.

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Generic or Customized is the same, both means the unbranded version, but yes, you're right, it says Customized UK on Xperifirm.

Yep, but technically speaking, we should say Customized since that is what Sony actually lists in the database it which XperiFirm is displaying the information from.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Yep, but technically speaking, we should say Customized since that is what Sony actually lists in the database it which XperiFirm is displaying the information from.

You are correct but I think you missed the part where I was referring to the link I provided in that post. When you go to that link it was posted as Generic UK, so when I mentioned Generic UK was not because I call it that way, was to avoid confusing people that don't know is the same and will go to look for Customized UK but won't find it in that page.

Sango02

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I believe so since I didn't see an actual link in this thread. Anyhow, it's all good.