Xperia Z3 Vs Xperia Z3 Compact battery life comparison and heating

aos10

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
hi
i want to buy the new Z3 ( we have in my country only the Z3 Dual sim edition and Z3 compact )

my current phone is HTC 8X ( windows phone 8 )
but i really don't know which one i gonna pick

i heard the Z3 compact can live long because its come with 720P screen and smaller screen and less RAM

if the deference is 1 hour , so i gonna pick the Z3
and what about heating
i saw a video for the Z3 heating went to 44 C
but didn't find anything about the Z3C

i use my phone medium usage ( twitter - browsing , youtube , telegram , games )

can anyone help me ?

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Both Z3 & Z3c have brilliant batteries.

In tests, it seems the compact has the slightly better battery life, but the difference isn't huge I don't' think. Certainly in the UK & Europe, the Sony Z3 series is unrivalled for battery life in my experience. I use my Z3 very heavily, and I average 22-28 hours easily, with 7+ hours of screen on time. I think the Droid Turbo is up there battery life wise, but that's more the US, and I digress anyway.

If screen size isn't a problem to you (I prefer the bigger version), then go for the compact. It has a lower screen resolution, but it's barely noticeable on the 4.6" display compared to the 5.2" on the Z3. The only other difference is that it has 2GB of RAM instead of 3GB on the bigger phone, but 2GB is pretty much the standard size in most flagship phones anyway and works really well.

I've had a Z3 for 10 weeks, and have had no heating issues at all (I had many more on the LG G3 which I had previously).

If it wasn't for the fact of the bigger screen, I'd have the compact. Usually when a manufacturer makes a mini version of another of their handsets the spec's suffer, but not this case.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Google " sony z3 batterytest gsmarena " same for the compact. Gsmarena doest test on almost every phone. It's my to go source before I purchase a device and that's much. Last year only 10+ different phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Yup, here it is:

Battery life tests - GSMArena.com

Even as a Droid Turbo owner, I marvel at the efficiency of the z3 Compact. With its scaled-back-yet-ample specs, it's no wonder why the battery kills. I actually tell everyone who is looking for a smaller phone that it should be their only choice, unless they have to stick with Verizon.