I'm struggling badly to work this phone - on my htc m7 i could add short cuts to the lockscreen. I've downloaded the textra app but i cant see to add this shortcut to the bottom of the lockscreen of my Z3...anyideas?? thanks
    01-28-2015 11:21 AM
    Long-press a blank spot on the screen. Go to Shortcuts. Go to Textra. Press it. Let it add the shortcut. Drag the shortcut to the dock (the "bottom of the screen"). If the dock is already filled, either one of the existing icons will move up to the screen, or you'll have to manually move one first (it depends on the launcher, and I don't know the HTC launcher, assuming you're using the stock one).
    01-28-2015 11:25 AM
    I'm struggling badly to work this phone - on my htc m7 i could add short cuts to the lockscreen. I've downloaded the textra app but i cant see to add this shortcut to the bottom of the lockscreen of my Z3...anyideas?? thanks
    Are you asking about lock screen widgets or home screen icons?

If you are trying to add to the lock screen try this:

1) Go to Settings > Security
    2) Select the Allow Widgets on lock screen checkbox.
    3) Lock the Screen
    4) Swipe inwards from the upper part of the screen until + appears, then tap it.
    5) Find and tap the widget that you want to add.
    01-28-2015 11:57 AM
    hi, its the shortcuts. Ive got a camera shortcut showing at the moment, i want to be able to add shortcuts down therer?
    01-28-2015 03:20 PM
    Okay I'm still confused. On the home screen or the lock screen?

You can't add a shortcut where the camera icon is located on the lock screen. Follow the steps I detailed above to add widgets to the lock screen or follow the instructions Rukbat gave to add icons to the home screen.

Also, you can look in the Play Store for lock screen apps. There may be one that let's you customize it more (if that's what you are talking about) but I don't know as I don't use any of them..
    01-28-2015 04:20 PM
    Ah ok so you cant, thanks anyway.

Im now trying to see if theres a way to make the lock screen clock any smaller?
    01-28-2015 05:12 PM
    Ah ok so you cant, thanks anyway.

Im now trying to see if theres a way to make the lock screen clock any smaller?
    Not that I am aware of. It sounds like most of the things you want to do are lock screen related. I am sure there are a lot of lock screen apps in the Play Store. Check there and try a few out. I'd be willing to bet there are some that do everything you are asking about..
    01-28-2015 05:38 PM
    What you can do to make the clock smaller, is download a clock app that has widgets from the play store. Then, do what he detailed above. Delete the stock click widget, and replace with a small one from the new app.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-28-2015 11:05 PM
    If I understand your question correctly, you want to add shortcuts for frequently used applications to the lock screen (not the home screen) like you can on the HTC. Sadly, that is an HTC feature and not an Android feature, so you will not be able to do this on the Sony.

As far as making the clock smaller, I use Dashclock widget and use that instead of the stock clock widget on the lock screen. This also allows you to add some information to your lock screen, which is nice. YMMV.
    02-10-2015 11:52 AM

If you are trying to add to the lock screen try this:

1) Go to Settings > Security
    2) Select the Allow Widgets on lock screen checkbox.
    3) Lock the Screen
    4) Swipe inwards from the upper part of the screen until + appears, then tap it.
    5) Find and tap the widget that you want to add.
    On the Lock Screen, swipe sideways on the clock.
    When you see the + , tap it and then login.
    You'll be given a list of widgets you can add to the lock screen, pick the one(s) you want.
    You can change the default Lock Screen widget with a long-press and then shift things around.

I added Calendar Widget so I can see what my upcoming appointments are. If the clock is not the default Lock Screen widget, it'll display the time next to the battery status in top corner of the screen.
    02-12-2015 09:15 PM