After having the Z3 I'm considering going back to Samsung, the galaxy S5 produced better photos and can use effects with full resolution,20mp on the z3 is bad in my opinion,also it worries me with all the talk sony may exit the mobile market,it can very well happen as theres not many Japanese phone makers anymore.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-09-2015 04:49 PM
    Very valid reasons, indeed. And valid concerns, too! Yes, there's rumor that Sony might exit the mobile industry, but I don't know if they'll just quit or rather sell the mobile division and then someone else takes over. Plus, something like this doesn't happen overnight, so at least for your current phone, I'd say you have a good outlook for support, but yeah, I'm pretty happy with Samsung so far.
    02-09-2015 04:59 PM
    I think they will definitely stick it out... they need to work on their camera software and get their phones widely distributed all at the same time. More and more people are looking at Sony as a choice when picking a smartphone so they are doing something right. I also think they will stick it out because mobile is becoming part of the gaming strategy... if Windows 10 phones have tighter integration with Xbox they would not want to disadvantage the PS4... just my 2 cents
    SpookDroid likes this.
    02-09-2015 05:07 PM
    After having the Z3 I'm considering going back to Samsung, the galaxy S5 produced better photos and can use effects with full resolution,20mp on the z3 is bad in my opinion,also it worries me with all the talk sony may exit the mobile market,it can very well happen as theres not many Japanese phone makers anymore.

Pretty much the same reasons I'm going with the Galaxy S6
    Sony's mobile division is looking a bit unstable, and I kinda miss Samsung.
    I am just hoping the Galaxy S6 camera for night shots is improved from the previous versions
    02-09-2015 05:14 PM
    I think they will definitely stick it out... they need to work on their camera software and get their phones widely distributed all at the same time. More and more people are looking at Sony as a choice when picking a smartphone so they are doing something right. I also think they will stick it out because mobile is becoming part of the gaming strategy... if Windows 10 phones have tighter integration with Xbox they would not want to disadvantage the PS4... just my 2 cents
    Good point! Not having the choice of mobile integration with their console would be a huge disadvantage against the XBox. Didn't think of it that way. Maybe they'll need to re-kindle the merger fire or make their companion apps and services Android-wide and maybe iOS (THAT would give them a huge advantage over XBox, since they wouldn't be tied to a single brand of mobile).
    charles777 likes this.
    02-09-2015 05:17 PM
    They also announced that they had sold more phones last quarter than they have in a long time. They also didn't mention selling it off just further restructuring. If they were going to sell if the mobile division they would have probably told investors to address the rumours, instead they just said they were basically moving forward restricting and chugging along.

02-10-2015 01:17 AM