US here just curious, it should be hitting soon

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-18-2015 10:16 PM
    Purchased MemoPad 10 a year ago, loved it, worked great. Three days ago I received not one, but two, Android update notifications, one immediately after the other; I allowed both of them. Since that time, my tablet acts as if it is receiving random information from the touch screen. When I touch the screen (and it makes *no* difference if I am using my finger or a stylus), it may react appropriately, or it may not respond at all, or it may respond to a tap as if I held it, or it may respond to holding it as if I tapped it. Drawing across the screen, it may respond correctly, or it may act as if I didn't touch it, or as if I tapped it, and so on. At one point, I closed all aps, and walked away, and when I looked back, it had opened the weather ap, EVEN THOUGH I WAS NOWHERE NEAR IT. I closed the ap, 2 seconds later it opened again...I closed it again, 2 seconds later it opened again...it kept this up until I powered it off and back on again. I have repeatedly cleaned the screen with a commercial monitor cleaner to no avail. Per Android tech support, I contacted Asus "tech support" (which turned out to be "Customer support") and got a non-English speaker who didn't seem to understand my question about rolling back the OS, and suggested sending it back to the factory for "repairs". I am reading about an update from KitKat to Lollipop causing tablets to become "unusable", and this certainly qualifies.
    03-19-2015 06:57 AM
    Nothing here in Canada yet, waiting is the worst!

03-19-2015 09:14 AM
    Got mine this past week. Am in the US.

04-04-2015 10:41 AM
    Got mine this past week. Am in the US.

Which version of the phone do you have?
    I have the 6633 Dual Sim version and still don't have it

I cannot wait to sell this phone for the S6....Sony's mobile division is going downhill
    04-06-2015 02:49 PM
    I've had mine since the 30th but my updates come directly from Sony and not the carriers, but for those curious I'm on Bell Canada. It's lovely update I have no complaints, very happy camper.

Which version of the phone do you have?
    I have the 6633 Dual Sim version and still don't have it

I cannot wait to sell this phone for the S6....Sony's mobile division is going downhill
    Didn't you say you got rid of your dual sim one and got the other version? It's been awhile so I can't recall.

Eitherways Samsung isn't the much quicker with their updates. In Canada I've noticed they are one of the more slower ones. That being said I got to play with the S6 and S6 Edge the other day when the Samsung rep came in. Nice phones but I'm definitely not getting rid of my Z3 for either.

04-07-2015 03:39 AM
    Didn't you say you got rid of your dual sim one and got the other version? It's been awhile so I can't recall.

Eitherways Samsung isn't the much quicker with their updates. In Canada I've noticed they are one of the more slower ones. That being said I got to play with the S6 and S6 Edge the other day when the Samsung rep came in. Nice phones but I'm definitely not getting rid of my Z3 for either.

Yeah, at first I had the D6653, the version without LTE. I sold that and got the D6633, the version with LTE and still dual sim.
    Its a nice phone, but the S6 has definitely won me over
    04-07-2015 08:08 AM
    Yeah, at first I had the D6653, the version without LTE. I sold that and got the D6633, the version with LTE and still dual sim.
    Its a nice phone, but the S6 has definitely won me over
    I also checked out the S6 and was very interested but I've been spoiled by the amazing battery life of the Z3 and don't know if I can go to a lesser battery anymore. Plus going to the S6 you're losing the SD card slot, waterproofing and cam shutter button. I think I would also really miss the magnetic charge port.

I got the lollipop update OTA last week (D6603 on Rogers in Canada) and I'm loving it! With all the Material Design updates it feels like a new phone. The phone is running smoothly and haven't come across any issues yet. My fav new feature is the smart lock. So convenient!

I'd say wait for your update then make the call.
    04-07-2015 11:44 AM
    I also checked out the S6 and was very interested but I've been spoiled by the amazing battery life of the Z3 and don't know if I can go to a lesser battery anymore. Plus going to the S6 you're losing the SD card slot, waterproofing and cam shutter button. I think I would also really miss the magnetic charge port.

I got the lollipop update OTA last week (D6603 on Rogers in Canada) and I'm loving it! With all the Material Design updates it feels like a new phone. The phone is running smoothly and haven't come across any issues yet. My fav new feature is the smart lock. So convenient!

I'd say wait for your update then make the call.
    Sony did announce that the other Z3 Lollipop updates will be out next week. As much as I like this phone, I think I was won over by the other features of the S6, especially the camera. Yeah I know I'll lose the SD card slot and waterproofing, but I think I'll manage since I don't take my phone in the water as much, and I mostly listen to spotify
    04-07-2015 12:34 PM
    Sony did announce that the other Z3 Lollipop updates will be out next week. As much as I like this phone, I think I was won over by the other features of the S6, especially the camera. Yeah I know I'll lose the SD card slot and waterproofing, but I think I'll manage since I don't take my phone in the water as much, and I mostly listen to spotify
    Well best of luck and pregrats on your new S6. I played with it and personally it's not for me. Not saying it's a bad phone just not for me. Which colour are you planning on purchasing?

smooth4lyfe likes this.
    04-07-2015 08:50 PM
    Well best of luck and pregrats on your new S6. I played with it and personally it's not for me. Not saying it's a bad phone just not for me. Which colour are you planning on purchasing?

Thanks!
    I'll be getting the black 32GB version this Friday
    04-07-2015 08:52 PM
    Thanks!
    I'll be getting the black 32GB version this Friday
    No front facing speakers. No micro sd slot. No waterproofing. No Samsung galaxy S6 for me.

But good luck to Samsung. Just hoping that they can beat Apple.
    04-15-2015 12:50 PM
    No front facing speakers. No micro sd slot. No waterproofing. No Samsung galaxy S6 for me.

But good luck to Samsung. Just hoping that they can beat Apple.
    Understandable
    I have been using it and I love it. The camera is much better than the Z3, and the speakers are also louder than the Z3. The screen is much brighter in daylight than the Z3, and it doesn't do that weird "screen off" look with polarized glasses when the phone is in landscape
    The battery, however, is the negative complaint, and the Z3 lasted longer than the S6, as expected
    I loved both phones, but overall, everything is better on the S6 except the battery
    04-15-2015 01:26 PM
    Understandable
    I have been using it and I love it. The camera is much better than the Z3, and the speakers are also louder than the Z3. The screen is much brighter in daylight than the Z3, and it doesn't do that weird "screen off" look with polarized glasses when the phone is in landscape
    The battery, however, is the negative complaint, and the Z3 lasted longer than the S6, as expected
    I loved both phones, but overall, everything is better on the S6 except the battery
    At least you have wireless charging with super fast charging. But that's only if your near a power source

I have an M8 at the moment. Looking for a new phone. Looked at the m9, reports of camera not up to scratch. Looked at Samsung s6, no front facing speakers or micro sd card slot. Looked at nexus 6. Has front facing speakers. Oh! but no sd card support I'll see what the z4 has to offer. Oh! Reports that the z4 won't come with micro sd card support. No Sony z4 for me.
    Maybe wait for LG g4. Has sd slot . Oh! But no front facing speakers and buttons r on the back.

Dam no new phone for me

2015 Phones from Hell.
    04-15-2015 01:39 PM
    At least you have wireless charging with super fast charging. But that's only if your near a power source

I have an M8 at the moment. Looking for a new phone. Looked at the m9, reports of camera not up to scratch. Looked at Samsung s6, no front facing speakers or micro sd card slot. Looked at nexus 6. Has front facing speakers. Oh! but no sd card support I'll see what the z4 has to offer. Oh! Reports that the z4 won't come with micro sd card support. No Sony z4 for me.
    Maybe wait for LG g4. Has sd slot . Oh! But no front facing speakers and buttons r on the back.

Dam no new phone for me

2015 Phones from Hell.
    You're being too picky lol
    Gotta sacrifice some good things for other good things
    04-15-2015 01:40 PM
    I know. I'm just paying top money for a phone so maybe I'm expecting too much. I'll maybe stick with the M8 and wait until 2016.

Or I could see if my son wants to swap his z3 for my m8. But I don't think he would want to as he is quite happy with it.
    04-15-2015 02:07 PM
    I remember reading somewhere someone was looking at making a modular smartphone where you could essentially swap parts in and out depending on your budget and needs. For example there could be a module to add SD card support, or you could replace the stock camera with a better one. Sounds like the way it will end up going.

Rob
    04-15-2015 02:19 PM