Hi everyone,

I just switched from the Galaxy S3 to the Xperia Z3. With the Galaxy I used S Voice to text my wife in the car on the way home. But I'm not sure what app does this on the Z3. Or if I have to get an app from the Google play store I would appreciate suggestions on apps that are good at this.

Thanks!

Simon
    03-31-2015 11:15 AM
    Hi everyone,

I just switched from the Galaxy S3 to the Xperia Z3. With the Galaxy I used S Voice to text my wife in the car on the way home. But I'm not sure what app does this on the Z3. Or if I have to get an app from the Google play store I would appreciate suggestions on apps that are good at this.

Thanks!

Simon
    I've always used google now for hands free texting. Always found it to be pretty reliable

Posted via the Android Central App
    7plymaple likes this.
    03-31-2015 11:50 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I didnt even know that's what google now was lol. I also though S Voice was pretty terrible. Is it the only app that comes on the phone that does this? Looking on the play store I'm hesitant to try anything. Because naturally apps like this need a lot of permissions to handle so many different functions of the phone. I want to get as much advice as possible before installing one.
    03-31-2015 01:51 PM
    To be honest, it's the only one I've used and never felt a need to download any third party ones. I like how it syncs reminders across devices and is baked into the os. Google now offers quite a lot and I'm sure you'll get on fine with it if you give it a fair shot

03-31-2015 03:12 PM
    This might be a double post. But I have been trying out google now since I got home and it will not suit my needs. I need a hands free texting app that will read my own messages back to me to check their accuracy before sending. I tried one from the google play store but it just didnt work at all. Never thought Sony would drop the ball this badly! If I cant get this capability the phone has to go back. If anyone knows of a good truely hands and eyes free app please let me know. It will be much appreciated. Thanks!
    03-31-2015 09:39 PM
    I use google now, it's very finicky and will most often get the message wrong, it's a definite nuisance. Especially after having the 1st Gen Moto X which handled hands free communication like a champ! I rarely ever had to pick that phone up, it's a shame sony can't implement something similar to smart notifications and smart actions on Motorola.

7plymaple likes this.
    04-02-2015 10:24 AM
    I use google now, it's very finicky and will most often get the message wrong, it's a definite nuisance. Especially after having the 1st Gen Moto X which handled hands free communication like a champ! I rarely ever had to pick that phone up, it's a shame sony can't implement something similar to smart notifications and smart actions on Motorola.

Yes Sony really dropped the ball on this issue. I did find an app that works very well though! Its called "Ultimate Car Dock". Took a while to figure out how to speak to it. But it works better and faster than "S voice" ever did! The only problem I had with it was it was much more sensitive when hooked up over Bluetooth. It was picking up background noise and misunderstanding me until I moved my car stereo's mic. Other than that its great. And when I sent emails asking for help they were great.
    04-07-2015 03:35 PM