the lollipop upgrade sucks to the core

Lakshya Rajput

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes it really does.. I don't know how but my z3 heats up excessively now and the charging takes a lot of time(hours) in contrast to kitkat which charged my z3 to 60 percent in half an hour
Also the lockscreen is a bad one now and the sound is not that good.. Kitkat was way better :mad: i actually wasted 700 mbs of my data and for sure downgraded my phone :mad: please check whats wrong and this is completely unexpected from guys like sony i have used everything of only sony since i was a kid and now this is a blunder by u guys
Please come up with solutions of these problems a better upgrade is all i can hope for

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes it really does.. I don't know how but my z3 heats up excessively now and the charging takes a lot of time(hours) in contrast to kitkat which charged my z3 to 60 percent in half an hour
Also the lockscreen is a bad one now and the sound is not that good.. Kitkat was way better :mad: i actually wasted 700 mbs of my data and for sure downgraded my phone :mad: please check whats wrong and this is completely unexpected from guys like sony i have used everything of only sony since i was a kid and now this is a blunder by u guys
Please come up with solutions of these problems a better upgrade is all i can hope for

I am sorry for your troubles but we aren't Sony or Android developers -- As in we didn't make the update.

Have you tried factory resetting?

alexa4639

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I use a launcher on my Z3, I haven't really noticed the new update. I don't like the lack of lock screen widgets, but I do like the lock screen notifications. I also use chompSMS for texting, so I haven't seen the texting on lollipop. Bits and pieces I don't like, but I haven't noticed any difference with charging and getting warm.

Del1701

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

I think you need to perform a repair install via Sony's PC Suite or perform a factory reset, I had a few problems the update at first so I find a repair install and now my phone is fine 😉

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

hi how did you get the lollipop update did you root your phone i guess, im on tmobile and has no desire to get the lollipop .

sounds like its is a pain in the ***

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
At least you have an update to complain about. Waiting for Lollipop on T-Mobile has been a joke. I thought having the latest Android flagship at the time would mean the Z3 would be updated first or at least pretty quickly. Instead of the bold February update timeline that got postponed until March, it is May and the update is no doubt tied up in carrier testing I suppose.

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I've only ever used Lollipop on the Z3. Having come from a Samsung S5 I can afirmativelly tell you guys that Sony have done an exemplary job implementing 5.x on the Z3, you should try using the S5, especially early implementations. Samsung have even started forcing updates onto users weather you want them or not. I'm thrilled with the OS on this phone by comparison, and yes I get the irony of discussing commercial products by comparison, but let's take a look at who put all the pressure for updates on handset and network providers?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

htc0076969

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I agree 4.4.4 kit Kat was fine lollipop sucks wish I can root back to that but not sure how to ya lollipop sucks the big one!! Makes me want a older phone now

Posted via the Android Central App xperia z3

htc0076969

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I rooted mine back to 4.4.4 and all is better got rid of lollipop 5.0.2 lost sony warranty but who cares I'll upgrade soon to z3+/z4 anyways or the Samsung note 5 in November

Posted via the Android Central App xperia z3

htc0076969

May 2, 2015
Visit site
If u have t mobile get rid of the xperia z3 after so many lollipop issues on it t mobile gave me a nexus 6 and such a better device sony should be permanently discontinued on t mobile if you seen my past posts on here you will see

Posted via the Android Central App nexus 6

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
hi how did you get the lollipop update did you root your phone i guess, im on tmobile and has no desire to get the lollipop .

sounds like its is a pain in the ***

My wife has her Z3 with T-Mobile as well, and she likes the phone more than ever after getting Lollipop. She hasn't had op's issues, and she says battery life is better than ever.

I would tell you not to upgrade to Lollipop if you like how your phone looks, because Sony really went all in with the material look. Besides looks though, the wait for the update seems to have been worth it.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I would tell you not to upgrade to Lollipop if you like how your phone looks, because Sony really went all in with the material look. Besides looks though, the wait for the update seems to have been worth it.

Love my Z3 on TMo and the update. Never been a big fan of Sony's default themes. However, given that the Z family of Sony phones supports themes, changing them is really simple, go the Google Play and search for Xperia themes, there are loads of them. Some of them are free, others may cost you a buck or two. If you haven't played with themes of the Z your missing some of the fun.

BTW, themes are one of the "big" new features on the new Galaxy 6 series phones from Samsung. My son was disappointed when he got excited about the themes available on his S6 and then I showed him that Samsung had copied Sony when it comes to themes.

maddiiiiis

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I didn't experience any problems with Android Lollipop on my Z3. And I really love the material look! Way better look and feel than before.

htc0076969

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Idon12no you simply got lucky I seen more issues with Sony z3 on lollipop t mobile D6616 I had and was glad to get rid of it, even t mobile admit it was bad and got my nexus 6 at the xperia price that was the ONLY good out of sony, I sure hope t mobile discontinues the Sony again and for good!!! It's a low end and I think even the iPhone would beat it

Posted via the Android Central App NEXUS 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles