about to get a Z3 but afraid of the display cracks

Bane21

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey there :)

As the title says its time for a new smartphone and I am really into the Z3. But I have read much about cracking displays out of nowhere and I dont have the money (nor the patience) for sending it to the support (which seems to be really bad if theres any).
Right now I own a HTC One M7 and its very tough; not that I dont treat it that bad (its expensive!) but it has to handle those "it slipped out of my hand and i caught it but still" drops.. yeah.

So how bad is it?

Best regards :D

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey there :)

As the title says its time for a new smartphone and I am really into the Z3. But I have read much about cracking displays out of nowhere and I dont have the money (nor the patience) for sending it to the support (which seems to be really bad if theres any).
Right now I own a HTC One M7 and its very tough; not that I dont treat it that bad (its expensive!) but it has to handle those "it slipped out of my hand and i caught it but still" drops.. yeah.

So how bad is it?

Best regards :D

I've smashed 2 Z3's, but 'I' is the operative word. Once in my pocket, once a drop. But I'm pretty sure that other devices may well have survived both occurrences.

I've personally not come across the random cracking-for-no-reason, but then maybe it has happened...

I now have the G4, and it feels far more sturdy, but the Z3 is lovely. To me, it's juts one of those phones that looks & feels great, but you have to sacrifice that to some extent with a fairly hefty case. I had a slim case on mine both times and it still shattered. I took the slim case option as it was just far to slippery for me to use comfortably day-to-day.

BenL

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Z3C since November and I've had no problem with my screen, even after I accidentally dropped it on to a wood floor (the TPU gel case might have helped).

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I put a ZAGG screen protector on front and back and don't anticipate having any problems. Sometimes I carry my phone naked because I love the style and feel of the phone, and then sometimes I use a case for protection and also because it makes it a little easier to hold. Just got a Spigen clear case for it today actually, and so far I really like it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie