What can I do about a damaged Z3?

A

AC Question

What to do about damaged z3

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice from you guys as I havent had a very good experience with my z3.
During the first week of having the phone the bottom left corner of the rear glass had cracked which prompted me to get a case but even with the case on and the phone not being dropped the opposite corner of the rear screen developed a crack.
This past week the phone was stting in my pocket for a couple of hours but when I took it out there was a crack running through the centre of the screen and the touchscreen would only work on the sides around the crack
What should I do, is this common with this phone? Because my previous nexus 4 was dropped so many times and didn't crack once just a few scuffs.
The phones on a contract from three and its been about 2 months
Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What to do about damaged z3

Welcome to Android Central! Did these cracks appear spontaneously, or was there any trauma? The problem with spontaneous cracks is that it's very difficult to prove that there was no damage involved (which would invalidate the warranty, and which would prevent the store from exchanging it). If they were truly spontaneous, I would have brought the phone back to the store as soon as it happened and discussed it with them. But now that you have such extensive cracking, I really doubt they would help you. If you don't have phone insurance, then I would suggest bringing it to a repair shop and getting the screen replaced.

htc0076969

May 2, 2015
Visit site

1 don't put in your pocket 2 get a case!! Problem solved chick's put there phones in there pockets get real here

Posted via the Android Central App xperia z3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I put my phone in my pocket, and I'm not a chick.;) Front pocket, that is.

I'd agree about not putting the phone in your rear pocket, because it's easy to forget it's there, then you sit down and crack​.

htc0076969

May 2, 2015
Visit site

No no chick's mostly put in back pocket not guys I use front pocket heck if I used rear I may blow a good fart and it's all over with lol

Posted via the Android Central App sony xperia z3