Why are my apps and photos missing?

Disconfigured

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I own a z3 and It recently updated. After the update some of my apps have been removed, they are showing as a missing icon with the sd card icon next to it. When clicking the app it states that it cannot be found. From the apps I can remember I have reinstalled and they appear in the missing spot, however I can't remember them all so I can't install or delete them.

This has also happened to some of my pics which are auto saved to my SD card.

Hopefully someone can help me figure our what's happened here. I'm scared to transfer my pics to the sd card incase they get deleted so I don't really want to factory reset!

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Most likely your SD card got damaged or the files got corrupted. I'd back up whatever you can on a computer and re-format the SD card, but if it's failed once.... it's likely it';ll fail again.

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
If you can't remember the apps gp to the play store, and hit the main menu. Hit all apps and you'll get a lit of all the apps you've installed as the currently logged in Google user.

As for the card you need to make sure that your actually using a genuine "fast" (preferably branded class 10 HDSC/HDXC card). Don't buy it from Amazon or eBay, there are a lot of fakes being sold that are just basic cards that have had a paint upgrade. Amazon distance themselves by basically stating that while they ship the goods they aren't responsible for what you actually get. Spent more money and buy from an approved Sony retailer, or if your really flush from Sony. Buy a named brand like Kingston (check for compatibility on the Sony site first)

If you already have all that sorted it could be as has been suggested that you've physically damaged the card when you installed it, or that the files have become corrupted, or less likely the card has been unmounted (main settings -> storage)

Best place for info and faq's is sonymobile. Good luck!

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Z3-Dual/Best-micro-sd-card-form-z3/td-p/906281

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12