Hi There,

Tested the waterproofing of this phone (ultimate fail)

Now screen is black and I cannot rescue my photos !

I am thinking to try to plug in a OTG keyboard and type my 4 digit code and press enter.

Do you think this might work ? I have seen people talking about using a mouse, but this seems like a waste of time.

My other option is to try to send commands through ADB, however when I installed android SDK I could not find the ADB.exe file.
    09-11-2015 04:15 PM
    09-11-2015 04:23 PM
    Try pluging it into a USB port on your PC using the charging cable. As long as the device is turned on it should show up as a device connected to your computer [you might need to install drivers for it first though - if it asks you to install them click yes]. Once you can see it you should be able to open the file manager and browse files on it from the computer the same way as any other attached storage device, except that it will be broken down into internal storage and SD card.

Good luck 🍀

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    09-11-2015 04:31 PM
    I am trying to bypass the lockscreen.

The computer recognizes the device but I cannot access storage until the lock screen has been passed.

The issue here is to interface with the touch pin GUI via an external device or ADB
    09-11-2015 04:49 PM
    09-11-2015 05:28 PM
    I had the same problem, and a day before sending it in to Sony for repair, I noticed that it was just the backlight that was failing. So the only way I could use the phone was to shine a very bright flashlight into the screen. Then, depending on the angle, I could dimly see what was displayed on the screen and interact with the phone! Hope this helps!!!
    09-17-2015 07:37 PM
    Once you can interact with it, you can cast/mirror the screen to a TV to get a better view.
    09-17-2015 07:39 PM
    Thanks I will give this a try ! How did you interact with the phone was the touch screen still working ?
    09-18-2015 12:36 PM
    I know this is an older thread but I had a similar situation. I changed and then promptly forgot the pattern lock on my phone. I was unable to see any of my files, I could see the phone when I connected it to my computer but was unable to access the internal memory. What worked for me is that I connected my phone to my computer and then called it, while the phone was ringing I was able to gain access to my files and copy all my data. It took me three tries to get it to work but it did. I then reset my phone and was able to restore my data. Hope that will help.
    11-18-2015 11:08 PM