Sony Xperia Z3 Can't hard reset and can only operate bottom row of screen?

doctor_x80

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Sony Xperia Z3 Can't hard reset and can only operate bottom row of screen

So I think I've been hit by a virus. It seemed to kick off after File Commander opened itself up (I didn't click on it) and asked me to approve some agreement. At this point the phone started being rather weird and the touchscreen became unusable above the bottom row of icons.

I then pressed the power button and tried to restart the phone but as I can only click on the bottom row I can't even activate the restart command when the popup appears.

I then thought I'd do a hard reset. I shut down the phone by holding down the power button and the volume up key. When the phone shuts down I press the power button and then press power and hold the volume down key to enter recovery mode.

The phone won't even enter recovery mode. It just boots up as if I hadn't pressed the keys to go to recovery mode.

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do here. I can't enter recovery mode and I can't operate anything on the phone apart from the bottom row of icons.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sony Xperia Z3 Can't hard reset and can only operate bottom row of screen

So I think I've been hit by a virus. It seemed to kick off after File Commander opened itself up (I didn't click on it) and asked me to approve some agreement. At this point the phone started being rather weird and the touchscreen became unusable above the bottom row of icons.

I then pressed the power button and tried to restart the phone but as I can only click on the bottom row I can't even activate the restart command when the popup appears.

I then thought I'd do a hard reset. I shut down the phone by holding down the power button and the volume up key. When the phone shuts down I press the power button and then press power and hold the volume down key to enter recovery mode.

The phone won't even enter recovery mode. It just boots up as if I hadn't pressed the keys to go to recovery mode.

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do here. I can't enter recovery mode and I can't operate anything on the phone apart from the bottom row of icons.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try using the Sony Software companion to see if it will recover the phone for you.

PC Companion – Sony Xperia™ support (English)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz