Apps moved to SD card - All apps menu shows empty icons, which don't start. What can I do?

roarhe

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Apps moved to SD card - "All apps" menu shows "empty icon"s, which don't start

Device: Sony xperia Z3+
After message device "75% full" and performed recommended moving of pictures, movies and apps to SD card, a lot of icons - maybe one for all the moved apps (?) shows as an "empty default shortcut icon" with a badge "sd card" in the "All apps" menu.
All these shows up first in the "alphabetical" sorting, and seems that all of the icons are 'dead' - do not start any app: message "application not found".

First question: - How do I find out WHICH apps that are 'gone' - to reinstall - OR if possible move them back from SD-card - OR (preferably) recreate shortcuts pointing to the app SD card?

Second question - it seems not possible to get rid of the empty shortcuts ... "remove" don't work. I would hope I don't have to live with them 'forever' ?

Any

BenL

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Apps moved to SD card - "All apps" menu shows "empty icon"s, which don't start

Are they still missing?

I don't know if it applies to this situation, but sometimes after an update, it take a little while for the app icons to come back.

roarhe

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Still missing - however fewer since I one for one reinstalls apps that I suddenly discover that I really miss and regularly use ... So this have nothing with any update to do, I think, just that the apps not can be moved and work from SD card. A little bit strange that we don't get any warning, should be a mandatory built-in check for this before an app is approved by Android market ... ?

roarhe

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Last week I got the 6.0 version Android - and then I was able to remove the "dead" shortcuts. A warning saying "the app is still on the SD card" - and I still not know exactly which and where I can find them on the SD card, but at least I now have a "clean" overview grid of the installed and working apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam