Sony Xperia Z3 plus

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My brother has the Sony Xperia Z3 plus & for the last few days the phone gets hot when it feels like it & the battery seems to drain very quickly. Hes running android 7.1.1 & has no updates for the phone. Any idea what has caused this & how to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the More Sony Phones forum to the Z3 forum, since it's pretty close.

The first thing to do is to see if any particular app or process is the primary battery drain, as well as to see if poor cell signal is contributing. You've probably seen this from me before, but: Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
We did find an app that was using 20% of the battery so my brother has deleted the app as he's never used it. Hopefully that's solved the problem but if not will be back on here with those screenshots you have asked for.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Seems my brother's phone has been perfectly fine since uninstalling that app that was using 20% battery power & he says his battery seems to have more life in it.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
His phone seems to run hot constantly now but no obvious app is running in the background. Any idea what could be making his phone run hot all the time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance