I will be upgrading in a couple of weeks. I am leaning towards the Z3V, but im not sure. Can anybody explain the main differences between them all and which would be the better choice? Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-07-2014 09:40 PM
    You may want to narrow down the scope of your question...

What are your needs and what is most important to you.

Every device has its strengths and weaknesses.

It may help to know what device you have right now and what you like and don't like about it.

Also is there a specific carrier you want to be with. Most carriers have different phones. You mentioned the Z3v so are you limited to Verizon only?

And even if we could suggest something based on your input, you will still need to go to a store and play with several devices and see what is comfortable to hold.

A lot of things to consider when asking an open ended question like that.
    11-07-2014 09:54 PM
    Im a Verizon customer. I currently have a GS3. The phone is ok. I hate the battery life, and the camera is subpar in my opinion. I have had android since the G1 and Nexus one days. I have 1.5 year old daughter that I take tons of pictures of. Battery life is important to me because I am always on the go...

11-08-2014 09:53 AM
    Tons of pictures means excluding turbo because with limited storage and 21mp camera each picture will take up about 10mb. And Motorola cameras are the worst in quality out of all smartphones.

Battery wise, neither turbo or note can compare to xperia due to battery size screen resolution combination.

The three main differences in these phones are:

Xperia is waterproof
    Note has a stylus
    Droid has moto software that's leaps and bounds better then competition.
    11-08-2014 12:08 PM
    Best phones in order are turbo,LG g3 ,Note 4 and then z3v. Turbo doesn't do data and phone at same time for now but supposed to be upgraded soon. All of these are great phones and will be a huge upgrade for you. Not sure you can make a bad choice. Go try them out which ever one feels better get it and don't be swayed by fanboys who pipe in and only their phone is good. Good luck

Posted via Android Central App
    11-08-2014 12:15 PM
    Best phones in order are turbo,LG g3 ,Note 4 and then z3v. Turbo doesn't do data and phone at same time for now but supposed to be upgraded soon. All of these are great phones and will be a huge upgrade for you. Not sure you can make a bad choice. Go try them out which ever one feels better get it and don't be swayed by fanboys who pipe in and only their phone is good. Good luck

What criteria are you using to determine your list of best phones? Different phones have features that make them better for different people.

Totally agree with you on going and trying things out for yourself and not being swayed by fanboy opinion.
    11-08-2014 12:20 PM
    Personal opinion have used them all. I use mine as phone first. If that helps

11-08-2014 01:07 PM
    I have 1.5 year old daughter that I take tons of pictures of. Battery life is important to me...
    I'd say camera and battery life are your top priorities. I'd rank the phones Z3v (dedicated camera button is a bonus), Note 4, Turbo, G3. There are some early concerns about the Turbo's camera stutter. Quoted from another site:
    "Every single time you tap the screen to take a photo, the camera app halts, appears to freeze, and then finishes. The problem here is that the object you were shooting a picture of has likely moved and the moment you were attempting to capture is gone. Also, while walking around New York and Portland, I don’t know how many times I thought I was taking a picture of a building but later could only find pictures of my foot. How, you ask? Because I thought the phone was done shooting a photo of a big beautiful building, when in fact it was pausing as I lowered the phone, only to settle on shooting a picture of the ground."

But like another poster said, go out and test them out.
    11-08-2014 01:54 PM
    Is the chipset and processor in the turbo a lot better than the Z3v? How is the z3v camera

11-08-2014 04:25 PM
    I chose the Z3v, I felt the battery life is great, thanks he camera is nice and it has the SD card slot. I also want to try a Sony phone. So far I'm pleased.
    11-08-2014 05:25 PM
    I swapped to a z3v and unless there's a major issue I am gonna stay.

11-08-2014 07:51 PM
    Is the chipset and processor in the turbo a lot better than the Z3v? How is the z3v camera

The processor on the turbo is faster than the Z3v. What does this mean in everyday life performance....nothing you would notice. You may notice a difference if playing some intensive video games. The processor in the Z3v is no slouch....it was the best processor in an android phone until the turbo and Note 4 were launched just recently.

As far as camera you would be hard pressed to find a better camera than the Z3v, although the note 4 and Lg g3 are great cameras as well. The Turbo camera is OK, but as I read from many forums the shutter speed is so slow that you miss the shot.

You currently have the GS3, you're on Verizon, you're looking for battery life, and a good camera. Based on this, I would recommend either the Note 4 (it's a very large device so you would need to try it out in person), or the Z3v. Probably would lean towards the Z3v because I believe the Sony has slightly better radio hardware (better reception) and the size is more pocket friendly.
    11-08-2014 10:16 PM
    Im leaning towards the z3v but people talk so down on it. I really think its because Verizon changed so much from the original z3. Although it might not boast all of the upgraded specs of the original z3, I think it sounds like a great device. I think if they would have named it something different, people wouldn't criticize it as much.

11-09-2014 03:34 PM
    I bought a Turbo the day after it came out. I returned it two days later for the Z3v. My first Sony phone and I love it. Battery life is crazy, screen is just as good as the Turbo, speed is just as fast as Turbo. All in all its a wonderfully made phone. Just so nice looking.
    therabbitssing and pchain like this.
    11-09-2014 08:25 PM