FM or No FM

Roy Droid

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
PSA: Be aware of how your "Ok Google" detection is set up. I check-marked all the boxes to detect "From any screen" and "From lock screen" and it muted my radio when the screen was on, but I could hear it when the screen was off. Weird. Probably has something to do with the microphone. Anyway, I haven't messed around with the settings long enough to find out exactly what triggers the muting. I have them all unchecked for now. To get to the "Ok Google" detection settings: App Drawer>Google Settings>Search&Now>Voice.
Screenshot_2014-11-17-20-17-14.jpg

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
That code unlocks the service menu and the fm radio is in there. My question is why isn't it accessible from the Walkman\music app?

Just got around to trying this and yes, it opens the service menu and you can click on FM Radio and put in a frequency and listen to it, but once you back out, it goes away, so no multitasking.

No stock FM Radio apps work on this phone (I.e. NextRadio, etc). When I wrote tech support at Next Radio they stated that Spirit uses some low level programming to unlock the radio.

TampaJai

May 15, 2015
Visit site
z3v does have FM radio capability - follow these instructions to enter the service menu:

1.In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
2.Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.

but instead of going into service info, go to service tests, and select FM radio w/ headphones plugged in. You will hear the radio station and can set the frequency to whatever station you want. It may not be installed as an app by default but the capability is there.

Best. :D

Jim Irving

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: FM or No FM

Probably multliple confirmations already, but here's one more: Spirit 1 appears as "Spirit UL" (presumably for "unlock") on my Sony Xperia z3v and gives me at least 20 FM stations in San Francisco without further tweaking. It does require headphones as the antenna.

(Wonder if there's a way to satisfy the antenna requirement, but redirect audio to a suitable Bluetooth headset? Not critical, since at the moment I do have a headset and don't have a Bluetooth stereo headset. I've used a few in the past but they have been too lightly constructed and they fall apart too soon for the price.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR