z3v best features and functions

finoblitz

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got a z3v on an edge plan, and I would like to know how you guys use it. I'm coming from a gs3, so it's a big upgrade in phone. So far I feel like the z3v feels like a marriage between an iPhone and Android. The phone is a little bulky but feels sturdy and premium. It is basic, but the hardware works well like it should and how an iPhone does, but is customizable just like android is known for. The OS is nice. Sony added only a few apps. I disabled most Verizon bloat ware.
So what are the features do you like the most in your z3v

Posted via the Android Central App

jfd3

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up mine (black). Traded up from a GN. Still trying to figure it out. I will post back as I do.

Posted via Android Central App

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I think its beyound a basic phone harware wise...
Water resistant
2 speakers on front
sound and call quaity
walkman player is great
camera & options
wireless charging
SD card
great screen
tap to wake screen
build

Dont like but not deal breakers....I'm still keeping it:
on screen buttons..at least make screen longer, less bezel
verizon deciding to make it between a Z2 & Z3
lack of cases

pretty great phone IMO for now....just wanted to try a Sony......ive had all the major phones in the last years, yes even traded from a Droid Turbo (phone junkie)

finoblitz

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody had issues with their photos looking kind of grainy? When the phone is in camera mode it looks very poor, but when the pic is taken it looks better. Some of my photos look ok, some look grainy without detail. Could it be a defective phone?

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I noticed when I zoom camera in all the way, it doesn't look sharp on the display but after I take a picture it looks normal.

finoblitz

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
These are couple of pics I took the other day at a friends...in low light the camera seems to fall short...

Attachments

• 3755.jpg
    3755.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 3744.jpg
    3744.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 47

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I took these in pitch dark with no flash
d0cb4872533884515aa31e1871a199bb.jpg

7e741d871c4e5b67cf2f91189ec7287f.jpg

ChuckWithAZ3v

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded to a Z3v from a GS3 as well and it has given me a new view on how fast and smooth android can be. I almost chose an iPhone because I was tired of the laginess and occasional glitches on the GS3 and I thought it was android's fault, turns out it was Samsung's problem and I am very happy I was able to have android and smoothness in one device.

Roy Droid

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody had issues with their photos looking kind of grainy? When the phone is in camera mode it looks very poor, but when the pic is taken it looks better. Some of my photos look ok, some look grainy without detail. Could it be a defective phone?
I took a couple of pics today in daylight, lowlight w/ flash and lowlight w/o flash. All in Superior Auto mode. Not too bad.
DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0002.jpgDSC_0003.jpg

finoblitz

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm going back to Verizon today so they can either fix this one or swap it...if it doesn't work, I'll end up getting the note 4. I got it for my wife and it takes nice pics. Roy, your pics look a lot nicer than the ones I have taken...

finoblitz

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I love this phone...if I can get the camera working properly, I will keep it...if not, note 4 here is come...

finoblitz

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I went to a Verizon store and swapped phones. The camera my new z3v seems to be working better. I will test it a little more...

DJ Sandman

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
FWIW - as much flak as Motorola gets on their camaras, I had a 'duel" with my z3v and my brother's Moto X Gen 2. Though I don't have the photos to prove it, we both came to the conclusion that the Moto X actually produced better photos - especially in the "color depth" category.

Edit: Our results may be skewed due to the fact that his screen is amoled and mine is triluminous lol.

Last edited:

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
FWIW - as much flak as Motorola gets on their camaras, I had a 'duel" with my z3v and my brother's Moto X Gen 2. Though I don't have the photos to prove it, we both came to the conclusion that the Moto X actually produced better photos - especially in the "color depth" category.

Edit: Our results may be skewed due to the fact that his screen is amoled and mine is triluminous lol.

Ya got to open them on a monitor.

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Try reading both screens outside in direct sunlight.

Also there is an option on z3v to take picture soon as you long-press camera button even if screen is off. So if it's a matter of speed, there is no other phone that's faster at taking pics.

jfd3

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I love that feature. The phone can truly be used just like a point and shoot.

Posted via Android Central App