Hey Google, open the garage door! $50 Garage Door Opener
11-22-2014 08:13 PM
26 12
tools
    I just got a z3v on an edge plan, and I would like to know how you guys use it. I'm coming from a gs3, so it's a big upgrade in phone. So far I feel like the z3v feels like a marriage between an iPhone and Android. The phone is a little bulky but feels sturdy and premium. It is basic, but the hardware works well like it should and how an iPhone does, but is customizable just like android is known for. The OS is nice. Sony added only a few apps. I disabled most Verizon bloat ware.
    So what are the features do you like the most in your z3v

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-14-2014 11:34 AM
    I just picked up mine (black). Traded up from a GN. Still trying to figure it out. I will post back as I do.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-14-2014 04:45 PM
    I think its beyound a basic phone harware wise...
    Water resistant
    2 speakers on front
    sound and call quaity
    walkman player is great
    camera & options
    wireless charging
    SD card
    great screen
    tap to wake screen
    build

Dont like but not deal breakers....I'm still keeping it:
    on screen buttons..at least make screen longer, less bezel
    verizon deciding to make it between a Z2 & Z3
    lack of cases

pretty great phone IMO for now....just wanted to try a Sony......ive had all the major phones in the last years, yes even traded from a Droid Turbo (phone junkie)
    DJ Sandman likes this.
    11-14-2014 07:37 PM
    Has anybody had issues with their photos looking kind of grainy? When the phone is in camera mode it looks very poor, but when the pic is taken it looks better. Some of my photos look ok, some look grainy without detail. Could it be a defective phone?

11-16-2014 03:19 AM
    I noticed when I zoom camera in all the way, it doesn't look sharp on the display but after I take a picture it looks normal.
    11-16-2014 04:05 PM
    Some of my photos look ok, some look grainy without detail.
    Upload some sample pics.
    11-17-2014 12:13 AM
    These are couple of pics I took the other day at a friends...in low light the camera seems to fall short...

Attached Thumbnails z3v best features and functions-3755.jpg   z3v best features and functions-3744.jpg  
    11-17-2014 10:00 AM
    Here is another one...

Attached Thumbnails z3v best features and functions-3790.jpg  
    11-17-2014 10:02 AM
    I took these in pitch dark with no flash

11-17-2014 02:22 PM
    I upgraded to a Z3v from a GS3 as well and it has given me a new view on how fast and smooth android can be. I almost chose an iPhone because I was tired of the laginess and occasional glitches on the GS3 and I thought it was android's fault, turns out it was Samsung's problem and I am very happy I was able to have android and smoothness in one device.
    11-18-2014 12:56 PM
    Has anybody had issues with their photos looking kind of grainy? When the phone is in camera mode it looks very poor, but when the pic is taken it looks better. Some of my photos look ok, some look grainy without detail. Could it be a defective phone?
    I took a couple of pics today in daylight, lowlight w/ flash and lowlight w/o flash. All in Superior Auto mode. Not too bad.
    z3v best features and functions-dsc_0001.jpgz3v best features and functions-dsc_0002.jpgz3v best features and functions-dsc_0003.jpg
    11-18-2014 10:00 PM
    I'm going back to Verizon today so they can either fix this one or swap it...if it doesn't work, I'll end up getting the note 4. I got it for my wife and it takes nice pics. Roy, your pics look a lot nicer than the ones I have taken...

11-19-2014 06:41 AM
    I love this phone...if I can get the camera working properly, I will keep it...if not, note 4 here is come...

11-19-2014 06:42 AM
    I went to a Verizon store and swapped phones. The camera my new z3v seems to be working better. I will test it a little more...

11-20-2014 01:21 PM
    Roy, your pics look a lot nicer than the ones I have taken...
    I just keep the phone super still when taking the shots.
    11-20-2014 02:10 PM
    FWIW - as much flak as Motorola gets on their camaras, I had a 'duel" with my z3v and my brother's Moto X Gen 2. Though I don't have the photos to prove it, we both came to the conclusion that the Moto X actually produced better photos - especially in the "color depth" category.

Edit: Our results may be skewed due to the fact that his screen is amoled and mine is triluminous lol.
    11-20-2014 06:41 PM
    FWIW - as much flak as Motorola gets on their camaras, I had a 'duel" with my z3v and my brother's Moto X Gen 2. Though I don't have the photos to prove it, we both came to the conclusion that the Moto X actually produced better photos - especially in the "color depth" category.

Edit: Our results may be skewed due to the fact that his screen is amoled and mine is triluminous lol.
    Ya got to open them on a monitor.

DJ Sandman likes this.
    11-20-2014 07:29 PM
    Ya got to open them on a monitor.

Yeah - true dat, but we were just comparing phones, camaras, etc. I will check them out on my computer subsequently.
    11-20-2014 08:06 PM
    Try reading both screens outside in direct sunlight.

Also there is an option on z3v to take picture soon as you long-press camera button even if screen is off. So if it's a matter of speed, there is no other phone that's faster at taking pics.
    DJ Sandman likes this.
    11-21-2014 01:22 AM
    Yeah I love that feature. The phone can truly be used just like a point and shoot.

Posted via Android Central App
    DJ Sandman likes this.
    11-21-2014 03:57 PM
    This is a small detail, but I like how Sony put the battery percentage inside the battery icon and removed the "AM" or "PM" from the clock. It just saves a lil more space on the status bar. I had an HTC before and it was a cluster F.
    DJ Sandman likes this.
    11-22-2014 02:01 AM
    Maybe not a best feature but the clock on the lock screen is actually a widget if you expand it down and tap on it it takes you directly to the clock app
    Roy Droid likes this.
    11-22-2014 09:13 AM
    One-Handed Typers: Sony's keyboard has a one-handed setting where it pushes everything to the right or the left. I usually type with two hands, but it's nice to know that the option is there.
    z3v best features and functions-screenshot_2014-11-21-16-22-46.jpg
    pchain likes this.
    11-22-2014 04:45 PM
    Cool Quick Settings tip from the Z3 forum.
    I just pull it down, then swipe left and right to switch between them.

pchain likes this.
    11-22-2014 07:24 PM
    Cool Quick Settings tip from the Z3 forum.
    Yep... I discovered that by accident and use it all the time now.
    11-22-2014 07:31 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD