Texting problem: won't send to certain numbers

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Texting and iMessage don't always cooperate (since iMessage isn't texting). Apple claims to be working on it, but from your picture I'd guess that your grandchildren will be dead of old age by the time they fix it. If the client has an iPhone, that could be the problem. Have the client send you an iMessage marked as an SMS message. That usually causes iMessage to treat all messages t and from that phone as texting.

thechique

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi James, I had this problem with just one contact for about two years. When I received texts from her, I noticed that they showed up with a comma in front of the number. Hence, the number that I was trying to reply to was not valid. I had to manually type her # in every time. I edited the contact dozens of times from both my phone & Outlook, and even tried deleting & recreating it. I got a new phone today, and this one shows me more details than the old one. I was able to see that I had her mobile # set up twice. One number had a plus in front of it. As soon as I deleted the # with the extra plus, my problem went away. I think the issue was that I had her set up as a contact in multiple locations: Outlook & one of my two Gmail accounts. When it tried to merge the two, it kept them as two different numbers because the number formats were different. I'm guessing I didn't delete all of the occurrences of that contact when I deleted (probably just one, or one at a time), so when I recreated it & it tried to match them up again, the issue came back. Hope this helps!

thechique

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I've tried to post another suggestion four times. Have no idea why it's hanging. It was easy the first time! There is another solution on a forum called xda-developers, but you'll have to search for it as this forum won't let me post the link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith