What kind of Battery life are you seeing

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
One of the main features I look for in my smartphone is battery life. It always drove me crazy that come 2:00 or 3:00 I'd need to plug in in order to make sure that I make it through the day. I've had many smartphones over the years palms, blackberry, but once I went android. As android has grown and 4G speeds more available and mobile content expanding the usage of a phone keeps increasing.
I started with the fascinate, then razr maxx, galaxy s3, LG G2, LG G3 and since November my Sony Z3v.
I can say very confidently that the Z3v has been a dream. My day starts at 5 AM and I don't usually settle down for the night until between 11:00 and midnight. And this phone keeps up with me. Just to be clear I have about 5 hours of screen on time (as far as brightness goes I'm also a stickler for a great display and I don't know how but somehow the Sony looks great at about 50% while all my other phones would need to be over 65% to be acceptably viewable) watch and stream a lot of videos and surf and email and voice calls. I have never had a phone that made it through my day until now. The razr maxx couldn't do it, my G2 couldn't and neither could my G3.
As you can see from my phone history I'm not a fan boy of any particular brand, I go with what I feel is the best usage experience. And while I loved my G3 and all of it's super customization and it's 5.5 " screen (in a small form factor) my Sony has been more satisfying. I truly believe it's the best Verizon phone (and don't bring up the Turbo it's screen despite being quad HD is terrible it looked like it was jaundice with it's yellowish hue and the Galaxy notes are just too big) .
So let's hear some of your experience with your z3v. I think if your a Verizon customer it's the best one yet.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on what you meanby battery life. Are you willing to keep running the phone until almost the last drop of power is drained from the battery, just to get through the day without recharging? The battery is nonremovable, expensive (relatively) and you're going to be replacing them frequently.

Or are you looking for a phone that will get you through the day without going below 40% charge (which will give you the longest battery life)?

That's one reason I won't buy a phone without a removable battery - if the charge drops to 40% during the day I can swap to the fully-charged spare I always carry with me. I have 10 year old batteries in an old flip phone that still work. (If there's a possibility that my phone will get broken, "lost" or something else will happen to it, that's the one that comes with me. I still have telephone contact, and if something happens I've seen the phone on eBay for $30 [and can probably get it cheaper on Craig's List] But the batteries have never been discharged below 40%.)

BTW, giving a lithium battery a full charge in 15 minutes (or whatever ridiculous figure it is) is great for battery manufacturers. Just wait until next summer when we start seeing posts about Turbos failing and asking how it could be the battery when the phone is less than a year old.