So it looks like Lollipop in February!

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
So according to the Sony CES presentation that just happened, it appears that they plan to release Lollipop to Z3 and Z3v "Next Month".

That works for me! Let's just hope Vzw pushes it through relatively quickly and all is stable.

Posted via my underrated Xperia Z3v.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Did they specifically say the Z3V? From the few articles I have seen it really just says Z3 lineup.

So according to the Sony CES presentation that just happened, it appears that they plan to release Lollipop to Z3 and Z3v "Next Month".

That works for me! Let's just hope Vzw pushes it through relatively quickly and all is stable.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Did they specifically say the Z3V? From the few articles I have seen it really just says Z3 lineup.

I only followed the transcripts from AC , so not exactly sure what was said. However, apparently they brought up the partnership with Verizon and T-mobile just prior to saying that the entire Z3 lineup will be updated next month.

Attachments

• 15021.jpg
    15021.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 141

strav22

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm a z3 owner on T-Mobile, most of us with carrier branded phones expect a 1-3 month delay after the release in February. The release in February is for the unlocked version of the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

DJ Sandman

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
From KnowYourMobile.com on 1/6/15...

Where’s My Lollipop? When's Your Phone Getting Android L?

Sony has revealed its plans for upgrading to Android Lollipop and there is good news for all those who bought Sony in the past few years.

If you own a Sony Xperia device and it’s part of the Z series then you’re in luck. Sony has quite an impressive list of handsets it will be updating to Android Lollipop. Here’s the list:

The Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1S, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3v, Xperia Z3 Compact, and the Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact.

Phew.

First up for Android Lollipop is the Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition handset. Rollouts for the rest of the range will begin in early 2015 and it’ll all kick off with the “core Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 series”.

We don’t know exactly what that means yet, but we can safely assume this year's Z3 range alongside the Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet will be seeing the update first.

If you’re hoping for another handset it is unlikely Sony will add anything more to this list. Based on previous experience Sony usually creates one list of updates and gets right to work at updating those listed without looking back.

A Sony executive has now revealed more precise details of the company's update plans for the Xperia Z3 flagship. At CES 2015, Sony COO Michael Fasulo announced the Xperia Z3 would be updated to Android Lollipop 5.0 at the start of February.

DJ Sandman

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Not Lollipop-related, but there is a system update available... NFC and Google Play HD improvements, etc.

No VoLTE (smh!) and again, no Lollipop update.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Will be nice to get Lollipop on my phone, sadly I think it will get it before my 2013 Nexus 7 LTE :(

I'm in the same boat. But I want them to release first and foremost a stable OS. So if Lollipop isn't stable, I'm totally okay sticking with KitKat.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
With all of the talk about Sony exiting the smartphone business, I hope we can still squeeze out a VOLTE update even if it's not Lollipop.

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

Any Lollipop updates?

Cliff Woolfork

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a feeling us Z3v users won't get lollipop until the summer. My only real concern is lollipops effect on battery life.

Cliff Woolfork

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
And that's what kills me. I high end device by one of the best in the business, and they leave the OS upgrades to a carrier? Ugh...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza