So it looks like Lollipop in February!

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Z3v was retired by Verizon. No Lollipop for this Sony phone. It no longer is on their website. The phones left over on the Verizon stores are selling for. 99 cents. Phone was only on the market for about 8-9 months. A rep told me that the life cycle of most phones are 6 months (BS) Samsung and LG got Lollipop beginning of the year and are selling well. Seriously will never get another Sony. It was a dud in sales.

Posted via the Android Central App

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Seriously will never get another Sony. It was a dud in sales.

So did you hate the phone or Verizon? I ask because Verizon is the one that abandoned the phone, not Sony. Verizon went to great lengths to never market or advertise it, not even educating their employees about it, not giving it proper display space in stores (if any space at all,) etc. If you recall the reviews on the website for the z3v were higher than other phones they carry. The phone could have been a winner, if only Verizon had not spent their efforts on marketing the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy line.

I'm really bummed it was orphaned right out of the gate, but it was Verizon and not Sony that screwed us. The Z3v is the best phone I've ever owned. Such a waste.

Last edited:

TomAd9

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't mean that it won't get lollipop. I had the Nokia Lumia Icon and it was the same scenario, it was discontinued and then got the Denim upgrade (after every other windows phone in every other market got it). So there is hope I guess...Also it looks like the z4v is coming soon.

TomAd9

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I retract my above statement, doesn't look like the z4v will be here any time soon...Think I am jumping ship. As I said before I had the lumia icon and went through months (and months and months) of waiting for an update and now the same with the z3v. It will be the last Verizon flagship phone I will purchase.

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Even without lollipop update it's still the best phone vzw ever offered to it's customers.
I plan on keeping it at least another year since vzw just killed subsidized phones.
I did get my wife lg g4 the other day from best buy and kept unlimited data. They even gave me a free 24" led tv!

TomAd9

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Even without lollipop update it's still the best phone vzw ever offered to it's customers.
I plan on keeping it at least another year since vzw just killed subsidized phones.
I did get my wife lg g4 the other day from best buy and kept unlimited data. They even gave me a free 24" led tv!

It is a very good phone but I heavily use this phone for work and the fact I can't use data and cellular at the same time is aggravating.

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Agree!

Good to see you again, its been awhile!

frostyBhairs

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
hey guys im new here but had to get the word out. lastnight i called verizon and basically put my foot down for all of us neglected z3v owners. i told them we need something done. this phone hasnt has a software update since january, our apps update and are bugging out on us since they update for new software. they informed me that android software updates have to come from sony. so i chatted with sony online so i had written proof. sony informed me that they proved verizon with this phone and they customized it for their liking and network. they also provided verizon with the android 5.0 update for this phone. they informed me that it was on verizon to make it work for this variation. i called verizon back and provided the tech with all this info. after a few soft holds and and back n forth with the tech, they realized i wasnt getting the normal screw off answer of " we dont have anything showing in our system" that they normally give us when we call in. they tech then told me that they are going to have a tech meeting monday about rolling out a software update and i will call me back tuesday with more information on this. i say all owners of this z3v keep calling and do not take the screw off answer like i did. and keep pushing them. they cant neglect us any longer.

DJ Sandman

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't matter to me anymore. While I will keep my UDP with "Big Head Red" for the time being, I will NEVER buy a carrier phone from them again, and the same goes for Sony. What a joke because the Z3v and its customers deserved better support!

In the meantime, it's the Nexus 6p or maybe the Droid Turbo 2/Maxx 2 unlocked from Moto. Then again, it will prolly be tramp-stamped from you know who... sound familiar Z3v owners?!?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463