Is anyone else having trouble finding a reliable messaging app for group texts? I'm having issues with every app I try, sending group texts to individuals even though I receive them in the group.

Also is there anyway to text video?

No wifi supported messaging or calls?

These few things are really irritating because I used them alot on my old iPhone.
    01-21-2015 10:19 PM
    Welcome to the forums. What apps have you tried?
    01-21-2015 10:22 PM
    Is anyone else having trouble finding a reliable messaging app for group texts? I'm having issues with every app I try, sending group texts to individuals even though I receive them in the group.

Also is there anyway to text video?

No wifi supported messaging or calls?

These few things are really irritating because I used them alot on my old iPhone.
    "sending group texts to individuals even though I receive them in the group."
    This doesn't make very much sense. I don't think you understand what a group text is.

Group MMS (aka group texting) is a hack of the MMS implementation. It's interoperability between phones and OSes (Windows, Apple iOS, Blackberry ..) is hokey at best. You're better off limiting your usage of it and switching to an alternative approach (email, whatsapp, google hangouts, facebook messenger, etc etc). Group MMS requires that every user's phone enable group messaging (if supported). If they don't, their replies will show up as individual messages.

MMS has a very limited file size limit. When you send a picture it is shrunk it to under 1 MB (losing quality). For a video your phone will try to compress it (aka lower resolution/quality) to something more manageable (haven't tried this on the Z3v myself). You're better off sending videos via 1) email, 2) whatsapp, 3) cloud storage with a URL you share with your contacts (Google Cloud, Dropbox, Box.net, etc etc)

Verizon doesn't support WiFi calling or texting (has nothing to do with your phone). All of the texting alternative messaging apps will continue to work in WiFi-only mode, because they only require data. For data calls I'd suggest looking into setting up a Google Voice number and installing the Hangouts Dialer app.

Your iPhone merged together its texting (SMS & MMS) functionality with its instant messaging functionality (iMessage). iMessage ONLY works with other iMessage users (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad). iMessage is a "walled garden" ecosystem, just like the alternatives. The only difference is that Apple has made zero effort to offer interoperability with other platforms. The most popular alternative is currently WhatsApp. If an Apple user were to message an non-Apple user it would revert back to SMS/MMS functionality, and the file size limits would then be imposed.
    01-26-2015 12:46 PM