Anyone have any idea where Lollipop is?

tomad9rangers

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
All I keep reading is that it is next week. I ran into this issue with the Nokia Icon Verizon exclusives really stink for upgrades. Never thought I would miss simultaneous data and talk but I am, makes it difficult to use as a work phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only way you can know when a particular Android version will be released for a particular phone is in retrospect. IOW, even if there's a firm release date of tomorrow, if they find a major bug tonight, they're not going to release it tomorrow. (And crystal balls don't seem to work any more.)

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Spoke with Verizon via online chat today. They don't have a date, and said they have to get the rights to it still and run it thru testing

Posted via the Android Central App

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that the Z3v will be upgraded directly to 5.1 and that's why there hasn't been a peep about lollipop with it. This would allow both Sony and Verizon to save time on testing since HD Calling/VOLTE is built directly into 5.1. I would keep an eye out on the Droid Turbo because I could see them both jumping to 5.1 around the same time.

DJ Sandman

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I talked to a Tech Support guy last night (due to cell service issues) and while I was waiting, I ask him if he heard anything on the Lollipop update. He said that all he knew is that voLTE will be rolling out on the Z3v by the end of the month, so there ya go!

jerry coulter

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I feel like I'm pay off the ex Windows phone club. Like me, Lots of folks on this site tried out Windows phone and ended up here.
Anyway, I think I'm gonna wait on the lollipop update when it comes in. I've heard mixed reviews on its speed and there are still stories of apps not working lollipop 🍭.

glgbnaf6969

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Not happening that's why I ditched my z3 M9 HTC WAY BETTER sony is a wasted flagship on androids great os

Posted via the Android Central App HTC M9

tomad9rangers

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I will never buy a carrier specific phone again. Same thing happened with the Nokia Icon, switched to this phone, they said there would be lollipop by end of 2014 to fix the voice/data issue. Never realized how much I used them together. :-\

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Verizon is skipping lollipop and going straight to Android M...lol...

htc0076969

May 2, 2015
Visit site
You don't want lollipop its corrupt and issues TRUST ME YOUR MISSING NOTHING AT ALL JUST A NEW LOOK AND BUGGY HARDWARE!! You don't want that do you??

Posted via the Android Central App nexus 6 and Xperia z3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz