Thinking of switching to Droid Turbo

TomAd9

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
So if this update is delayed think it might be time to change device. The fact that can't do voice and data is frustrating. Looks like Verizon (and Sony) don't really have an urgency for this phone and the z4v looks like it is not going to make it. Thinking of the Droid Turbo, any thoughts?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah - don't.

The Z3v and Turbo both have great battery, BUT the Z3v has a better display (despite the higher density of the Turbo) and speaker sound that rivals the M8. The *only* thing I don't like about the Z3v are those bloody doors. My USB port cover won't stay close and Sony doesn't want to hear about it. Unless I want to pay bigtime for repairs. But still since I went Qi with it and coaxed the door shut, I'm waaaaaay happier with it than the Turbo. I went through three Turbos trying to find one that didn't have a pink splotch on it (visible with apps like Kindle) and I actually enjoy listening to music from the Z3v. Plus it's a far better speakerphone. The fact that it's still on 4.4.4 is not an issue. I have 5.1 phones and I don't see any real compelling reason to prefer one over the other. So stick with the Sony. It's a great phone. Maybe the new Motos will be better.

TomAd9

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, think I will be staying with the sony. One thing I have been meaning to ask, Sometimes when I end a call the screen is still black (doesn't show end button to end call). I have to press button on the side. Doesn't happen all the time but enough to notice. This happen to anyone else?
Thanks